Game-Labs Forum

An Alternative to Ship Knowledge

Here with a suggestion looking at ship knowledge which act as extra upgrades that you can change out whenever. 
I propose what I think ship knowledge should look like, and how it should play into NA.

Keep in mind this is a rough draft, each area of the ship is given a few example upgrades to show you how this would work, but is by no means a replacement, just an idea.

qS1AkEY.jpg

As you can see ship knowledge would no longer be upgrade slots, they'd be sliders that you can use to tune a ship exactly to your liking. Books would add more sliders, and therefore more control to how you can tune your ship.

rTjzZ30.jpg

Tune your mast to fit your playstyle, speedy and nimble or hefty and healthy. Notice the Mast Ratio, players who might face more topmast snipers can tune against that by sacrificing lower mast thickness/health for topmast. Complete control of how you use your ship.

tUbR2GD.jpg

Here in the hull, where everything boils down to speed v strength.

oFiZ82s.jpg

The crew, who you can give and take away grog from. Make them sleep closer or farther apart, or the number of marines you want enlisted on your ship.
All to the captains preference 

eaEyzQn.jpg

And last but not least the rudder, not much explanation needed.

So yeah, that's basically it. I think this will be a cool, more engaging way to tune your ship that opens up room for more builds and playstyles, while keeping things simple and understandable. Whaddaya think?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stepp636 said:

Nice idea. I still prefer that those things should be done in the crating process and stuff like crew management etc. can be done via books. 

That actually what I thought the crafting patch was going to be like going off last Novembers (2017) post about the up comming ship changes that most of the mods would of been replaced by slide bar or options when you craft the ship.