Game-Labs Forum

Purchase Prices

I was wondering whether it would be possible for the game to keep track of the player's purchase prices for the goods acquired during trade operations and display them back in the shop or at the time he/she is ready to sell. Something like this:

Purchase price shows up at the sell warning:

NA-008-01.thumb.jpg.59b0273d7bc7cabfc06ed8d11164d418.jpg

Or better yet, purchase prices show up in the shop for all goods owned, like this:

NA-008-02.thumb.jpg.947d4f62d74de0e61b393b2e7d720239.jpg

Thank you.

PS: Prices are fictional.

• Like 1

This will probably be extremely demanding as if you buy one product in small quantities in various places at different prices you will need to get the average of it, if from this average sold price you then take in account that you sold let's say 100 units and kept 100 to craft something then it ill be messed up too.

I use a sheet for this kind of stuff and keep track of my transactions, something more or less like this :

81053620170622213739.png

left part is bought stuff, right part sold stuff.

Cities are blurred here, but it also helps when you need something to remember best prices to buy and sell ^^

I just need to set the quantity bought or sold, the total cost i paid, then get all the rest set automatically like price per unit weight per unit, total weight, benefit, % of gain etc crossed with some other sheets... Wanted to do a stat based on travel distance vs gain too, but not sure if i will one day bother to find a way to get distances from city x to city y when i use the scroll down menu to set  city sell and bought location...

Edited by Kanay
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Kanay said:

This will probably be extremely demanding as if you buy one product in small quantities in various places at different prices you will need to get the average of it, if from this average sold price you then take in account that you sold let's say 100 units and kept 100 to craft something then it ill be messed up too.

I use a sheet for this kind of stuff and keep track of my transactions, something more or less like this :

81053620170622213739.png

left part is bought stuff, right part sold stuff.

Cities are blurred here, but it also helps when you need something to remember best prices to buy and sell ^^

I just need to set the quantity bought or sold, the total cost i paid, then get all the rest set automatically like price per unit weight per unit, total weight, benefit, % of gain etc crossed with some other sheets... Wanted to do a stat based on travel distance vs gain too, but not sure if i will one day bother to find a way to get distances from city x to city y when i use the scroll down menu to set  city sell and bought location...

I tip my hat to you for your diligence and I am sure you would still do this even if the game has an intrinsic system to keep track of purchase prices. You are a dedicated trader whose attention to detail is probably unmatched.

However, if it's something the Devs can come up with and it is not too time consuming as to not take away from the main project, that would take some of the nitty gritty out of the game.

But, God forbid if I'm asking for anything that would make the game "easy"... I'll be getting the "take your Hello Kitty ideas somewhere else".

If you bought them recently you can look at your log, the same one that has your battle results and it tells you how much you bought them for.  Just have to do the math to see what each piece cost out of the stack.

I just be happy the slider would show proper cost of what your about to make total most the time.

Sheets are an old habit i have from the early days of OW when all shops had different buy/sell prices, and prices fluctuating all the time between a low and higher value depending the demand/offer,  and you had to visit the all the shops in your trading destinations before having an idea of the prices, i'm used to it, it allows to cross various data and get some interesting stats on things, and will probably continue with such system even if something is done in game yes, the picture is only one aspect of the sheet.

Like i said to keep track in game of transactions like you suggest it will be very heavy, they will have to keep track of all players transactions, take in account that not all materials bought at city X might be sold at once, that not all same kind of materials will be bought at the same price, it will be a heavy database to manage and never could be really match the real prices in the end i think.

Something more simple will probably to keep track of only the last 5-10 transactions each player have done on each product, then they can make it like once in a shop when you hover the mouse on a product name a small too-lip appears with the last 5-10 buy/sell transactions you have done on this specific product.

Additionally they can make a kind of Captain register in which you will have all the list of your transactions done in a month, a bit like current one above the chat but keeping logs of previous sessions so you can display all your transaction you have done on the Carolina Tobacco to follow your example.

I'm just afraid how all this will be heavy on them database, the shops seems already very laggy probably due to the numerous access to the database by all players and all transactions done, UI used ot be responsive before, now with a lot more products in game it became a whale, it is possible to do something yes, but can or do they want to do it and invest on this, for development, for databases management is the question. It will make many players life easier indeed.

• Like 1