Game-Labs Forum

Upcoming patch

One thing I forgot was the ability to order different formations. Have a brigade take an "L" shaped formation when needed or be able to order a formation to "Refuse its flank" when attacked. Also for a unit to stay limbered or in column until I command it to form line or the enemy is near.

Thanks

Matt P.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, derpus.maximus said:

Hi Nick, could you do something about the Cold Harbor Union 1st phase in the campaign? Union reinforcements arrive far too late to have any impact on the battle, and the Union loses if it can't hold the objective. 

Derpus, there's a solution to that that doesn't need a creator fix. Weight your 1st Division to have MASSSSIIIIIVE overwhelming 2500 huge men brigades. That way you can resist the confederate assault fairly easily through using detached skirmishers to cover your flanks. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, vren55 said:

Derpus, there's a solution to that that doesn't need a creator fix. Weight your 1st Division to have MASSSSIIIIIVE overwhelming 2500 huge men brigades. That way you can resist the confederate assault fairly easily through using detached skirmishers to cover your flanks. 

Agreed.  I did 1 division with all 2500 man brigades and i could hold the spot until the reinforcements came on the field.  And have those reinforcements run as soon as they show up on the screen.  

I used the breastworks for my 2500 man brigades that were north of the actual flag spot.  I kept one brigade free to turn south or west depending on where the attack was comign from.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Col_Kelly said:

It won't. You'll be able to pick up were you left it.

7 hours ago, jamieva said:

Will the update require us to restart campaigns already in progress?

Just ensure you didn't subscribe to any betas and actually updated the game to the latest patch.  A couple of people had an issue trying to open Gettysburg or was it Chickamauga b/c the creators put out a 0.77 beta and the people trying to update forgot to unsubscribe to that beta.

All you need to do after update is click on your latest battle save and it'll automatically give you the camp screen after your last battle. MAKE SURE TO SAVE THAT. So you can return to it.

On 5/13/2017 at 0:41 AM, vren55 said:

Sure, I was doing that. But you look at the historical version of the battle in-game, Union reinforcements show up with approximately an hour left, and then you wonder why the discrepancy. 

Edited by derpus.maximus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, derpus.maximus said:

Sure, I was doing that. But you look at the historical version of the battle in-game, Union reinforcements show up with approximately an hour left, and then you wonder why the discrepancy. 

Oh the historical versions... I haven't played those so I have no opinion :P

On 5/10/2017 at 10:30 AM, Nick Thomadis said:
  • Increased Corps max supply cost from 25000 to 35000 (it was a wide request).

While this is welcome, it's not going to really help unless you do something about artillery ammunition usage. I set up a quick test on River Crossing. I normalized two artillery units so that they had the same stats and no perks, equipped them both with 10pd Ordnance guns, and let them blast away. My Corps commander has the +20% ammunition perk, and I have three points in Logistics for another +15% ammunition. I ran two tests, one with a 10,000 supply wagon, and one with a 3,000 supply wagon. Once they exhausted their ammunition (roughly one game hour), I stopped them from shooting and refilled their ammunition.

It appears that a zero-star 8-gun 10pd Ordnance battery, Efficiency 11 and Command 53/54, can use approximately 1,250 supply in 1.5 game hours. So four inexperienced 8-gun batteries are going to use the entire extra 10,000 supply in just three game hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK58_XHrikk

I then reconfigured another save to test the +50% ammunition perk on one unit, and the Stamina perk on the other unit. This time, I had a commander without the +20% ammunition perk, but still had the 3 points in Logistics for +15% ammunition. It looks like the +50% ammunition perk doesn't do anything:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp9iFzkZh18

Both units use ammunition at the same rate (slightly faster than the previous test, since their Efficiency is higher), and both refill with exactly 1,250 ammunition. This leads me to believe that none of the +% ammunition perks are working for artillery units.

Edited by Aetius
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Aetius said:

While this is welcome, it's not going to really help unless you do something about artillery ammunition usage. I set up a quick test on River Crossing. I normalized two artillery units so that they had the same stats and no perks, equipped them both with 10pd Ordnance guns, and let them blast away. My Corps commander has the +20% ammunition perk, and I have three points in Logistics for another +15% ammunition. I ran two tests, one with a 10,000 supply wagon, and one with a 3,000 supply wagon. Once they exhausted their ammunition (roughly one game hour), I stopped them from shooting and refilled their ammunition.

It appears that a zero-star 8-gun 10pd Ordnance battery, Efficiency 11 and Command 53/54, can use approximately 1,250 supply in 1.5 game hours. So four inexperienced 8-gun batteries are going to use the entire extra 10,000 supply in just three game hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK58_XHrikk

I then reconfigured another save to test the +50% ammunition perk on one unit, and the Stamina perk on the other unit. This time, I had a commander without the +20% ammunition perk, but still had the 3 points in Logistics for +15% ammunition. It looks like the +50% ammunition perk doesn't do anything:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp9iFzkZh18

Both units use ammunition at the same rate (slightly faster than the previous test, since their Efficiency is higher), and both refill with exactly 1,250 ammunition. This leads me to believe that none of the +% ammunition perks are working for artillery units.

Wow Aetius...a real nice assessment! Well done and thanks for posting it and your videos!

• Like 1

Ideally I wish the wagons has separate supplies for artillery and for infantry and you had some level of control over what they give out.  If one is not real careful with routing of them you can find that because they strayed closed to an artillery concentration they got cleaned out on the way to a hard pressed infantry division.

Maybe just an equivalent of the ceasefire command for the supply wagon might help here so I can move them to where I want and supply only who I want.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bigjku said:

Ideally I wish the wagons has separate supplies for artillery and for infantry and you had some level of control over what they give out.  If one is not real careful with routing of them you can find that because they strayed closed to an artillery concentration they got cleaned out on the way to a hard pressed infantry division.

Maybe just an equivalent of the ceasefire command for the supply wagon might help here so I can move them to where I want and supply only who I want.

This already exists

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fred Sanford said:

This already exists

Awesome.  I have never really looked that close at the supply wagon most of the time.  I just rotated troops out of ammo out of hot zones when I ran out of ammo.

I just hope the teleportation at the conclusion of multi-part/day battles and weapon scaling...are fixed/removed....please. Otherwise as anxious as we all are, I want them to take the time so that what is being patched works. And that our fine band of brothers play testers give their feedback to the developers so they know fixes are working.

On 10/05/2017 at 10:41 PM, maojoejoe said:

Please fix the inverse artillery effectiveness bug where 12 cannon brigades inflict more damage than 24 cannon brigades over the same time interval. Adding more guns to an artillery brigade should increase its effectiveness, not decrease it :) This issue has been documented on a couple of threads now.

Thanks!

+1. Please please please!

• Like 3