Game-Labs Forum

Units stuck off map

soccercw

I've had this happen to me twice and its unfortunately a scenario breaker.

If you save and exit a scenario while troops are coming as reinforcements they are stuck off screen and won't come back on when you reload.  I'm playing a scenario where over 50% of my force is currently stuck off the maps.  They never move.  I had to quit my Union campaign (which was a blast) because of this, then had to quit another one after 80% of my units were invisible (no matter how many times I reloaded), and now will have this one ruined too because I have no shot to win the scenario with all my troops stuck off the map.

It's a shame because I know we're here to help work out bugs but these two things are game breaking bugs.  I think I'll just stop playing and wait till a more polished version gets out.  I don't mind gamey bugs that annoy me, but these two break a campaign you've invested your time in and gotten in to which just ruins the whole thing for me.

I tried taking a screen shot to put in here but when you do it doesn't show the icons of the units coming on the field, which is really really really weird.  Reported bug both times this has happened and also reported invisible bug as well.  Hopefully someone reads those things.

On a happier note the game has loads of potential.  Great job with the map.  Free unit movement is by far the clincher for me and is something I've been wanting for years.

So I figured I'd play out the scenario anyway...fought off the best I could against 3x my numbers and was pushed off the map in the "sickle and hammer at devils den" scenario I think it was called.  No biggie. I had won the first 4 scenarios in amazing fashion, I can't wait to get Longstreet on the field....oh wait, no.  Game over.  I lost the battle of Gettysburg LOL.  That was fun...?

Units stuck bug fix coming tomorrow or tonight with the weekly patch together with many improvements.

Beautiful.

Nick, on a personal note, this thing is gorgeous.  I'm 31 and have played all the TW games and every Civil War game in existance.  This one by far (even in it's early stages) is poised to be the best.  Get that arty fixed and clean up the little things and you'll have something special.  Thanks for all the hard work.

-Mike