Game-Labs Forum

Less gold from battled than friends

Fluffy Fishy

I'm not sure if this is a bug, just unlucky RNG or something simple but I never get as much gold as my friends from battles, even when I get more xp and do more damage it seems to be less, on average it seems to be roughly 1/3 less so I thought it might be worth mentioning, I also haven't seen any items drop since I was sailing the yacht but I fear I might just be unlucky with RNG on that one, thanks.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, just unlucky RNG or something simple but I never get as much gold as my friends from battles, even when I get more xp and do more damage it seems to be less, on average it seems to be roughly 1/3 less so I thought it might be worth mentioning, I also haven't seen any items drop since I was sailing the yacht but I fear I might just be unlucky with RNG on that one, thanks.

The only thing that affects gold rewards is ship difference. If you sink ships that are higher level than your vessel you will get more gold. Otherwise there is no averaging, no rng - damage = gold basically modified by the ship difference. 

Upgrade drops have not been changed for ages - it drops good and grey things from time to time.