Game-Labs Forum

Minimum Specs - Do I needa new computer?

Old_Salt

Hi all! I just stumbled across this game, and it looks amazing! But, it also looks pretty intense. I'm wondering if I'll have to update my computer to play. I bought it in 1/14. It's a HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook, and I think these are the specs:

Processor: AMD A10-5750 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 2.5 ghz

8.00 GB (7.21 GB usable)

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Card: MD Radeon HD 8650G: shared system memory 3456, dedicated video memory 768

I don't really know my way about computers. Is this going to work? If not, could the problem be fixed without buying a new computer? Perhaps could I play on some reduced graphics setting? I'd really like to try the game out, but my laptop doesn't need replacing just yet, and I'd like to postpone the expense until it does. Any help from anyone would really be appreciated! Sorry for my lack of knowledge.

Hi all! I just stumbled across this game, and it looks amazing! But, it also looks pretty intense. I'm wondering if I'll have to update my computer to play. I bought it in 1/14. It's a HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook, and I think these are the specs:

Processor: AMD A10-5750 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 2.5 ghz

8.00 GB (7.21 GB usable)

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Card: MD Radeon HD 8650G: shared system memory 3456, dedicated video memory 768

I don't really know my way about computers. Is this going to work? If not, could the problem be fixed without buying a new computer? Perhaps could I play on some reduced graphics setting? I'd really like to try the game out, but my laptop doesn't need replacing just yet, and I'd like to postpone the expense until it does. Any help from anyone would really be appreciated! Sorry for my lack of knowledge.

GPU does support DX11 and shader model 5, so you will be able to run it, but be ready to set low settings and have around 10-20 fps or even less

One more thing...

AMD A10-5750 APU 

This means you have a CPU with integrated GPU (it's called All-in-one Processing Unit - APU)

So the Radeon HD 8650G is actually integrated in your AMD A10-5750 APU 

Judging by that... You'll have to run Naval Action in 1024x768 at the lowest possible settings and even then FPS will be brutal.

Believe me, not worth it, that's why I wrote

to not build up your hopes. Sorry mate 

1. it is an accellerated processing unit, not an all in one proccessing unit, an all in one unit(chipset and everything) would be refered to as a soc

2. many laptops can run this game

3. lowest settings still means he can run it, no reason for you to then say he cant.

Thank you everyone for the posts! I just found it on Steam, and I looked it up, and Steam gives refunds. From what you're all saying, I think I'll at least buy it and give it a shot and return it if it seems unplayable. Probably won't work well, but there's really no reason not to try with the refund option. Ha ha, the only next step is to convince the wife we need a new computer :) Thank you all!

Just wanted to follow up with everyone. I downloaded the game, and have logged 5 hours. The graphics are at minimum, and I never get above 15-20 FPS, but honestly, that doesn't seem to matter. I've done multiple battles, even scoring the highest with a friend (we sunk a trader snow in out cutters).

This game is AMAZING!! I think the lesson here is to check and see/ask for help regarding minimum specifications. You may be able to play, regardless of the posted min specs.

Thank you folks for replying, so much!! This is giving a naval officer much joy :)

• Like 1