Game-Labs Forum

Additional NPC's on the open sea for the PvE server

I don't know if this is planned but I wasn't able to find it mentioned elsewhere.

Currently most players on the PvE server are grinding missions as they're the most efficient way to gain xp at the moment. Thing is it's not very interesting to just sail to port and then out to a spot on the ocean to fight then repeat this over and over. Sometimes it's nice to do something a bit different even if its not as efficient. 

Open world hunting for stuff other than traders is an option but the thing is there aren't always that many suitable targets. I'd like to see more NPC's for us to hunt on the open world, as well as some more variety in the composition of the fleets. Currently there seem to be a lot of low rating ships and high rating groups but not much in between. There aren't many solo ships either. This makes open sea hunting a less attractive option.

Now I understand that too many NPC's on the open sea could be a problem on the PvP server but would it be possible to get an increase on the PvE server seeing as killing NPC's is what we do over there?

• Like 1

It would be nice to have more aggro from NPCs towards players and other NPCs, it means more forced battles. Another addition would be to be able to hire better ships in your fleet as your progress increases to take on the bigger NPC fleets or even better, introduce a whole new mechanic for fleet captains as I've previously suggested - http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/8209-pve-ai-fleet-captains-proposal/

Yes to more NPC ships and to fleets at higher rank !

The caveat: Ports are oversupplied by NPC traders already, most materials are in abundance even in those ports consuming them. So this has to be taken into account when increasing NPC traffic. 

Since one cannot take all of the cargo of a captured trader anyway, I would suggest to increase the number of NPC traders, but reduce their cargo substantially.

I also agree, spending 2 hrs to look for a npc spawn that is large enough to be worth a decent fight when we have got frigates and above is very hard.

We have spent a lot of time sailing between jamaica, cuba, and Haiti to not find anything higher than a connie and a few adder ships.  This discourages use of the larger ships and makes people just want to go back to small brigs to make the bp worth the fight.

I agree with Thrudd when it comes to lack of fleets on the sea (like I noticed other evening when we where grouped, 1 enemy fleet in approx 40 mins is sadly limited) but I also think this goes bit deeper than just lack of fleet.

I suggested a few things to the devs in this thread and maybe some of it can be considered as a combined solution, to increase ingame activity and create a more dynamic and fun gameworld for us players.

Ref : http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/10569-more-action-in-open-waters-please/