Game-Labs Forum

Game play suggestions

VegasOZ

Suggest/Recommend/Request the following:

Change the ARROW color to RED when  a unit is firing at an enemy unit. Have GREEN indicate movement and RED indicate firing line.

Add a Limber/Unlimber switch/button for ARTY units. That way you can be sure that they are going to be firing and Not MOVING when a command/click is given.

Move the Rotate command to some other button besides pushing the mouse wheel down. Right click and HOLD is my suggesting.

Change the Fire command to a RIGHT CLICK. Keep Movement a LEFT CLICK. 

Add Hot Keys for all movement and status commands.

GREAT GAME. 

When did you say that the rest of the Major Civil War Battles would be ready in the Ultimate General Style???

LOL

Using this thread to get in line.

I would like

- to order my units, especialy arty, to fire on chosen targets.

- to have the possibility to fortify positions.

- to get clearer indications about terrain hights.

- more controll over unit positioning and visual feedback for the space a unit will take, when taking a position.

That's just all for the moment. Like your game guys, good work, keep going.

regards

VegasOZ - the idea of a target vs. an arrow that would show which units you can target from you current location with artillery is important because I don't necessarily want my artillery to move (I think an arrow suggests movement?).  

Using this thread to get in line.

I would like

- to order my units, especialy arty, to fire on chosen targets.

- to have the possibility to fortify positions.

- to get clearer indications about terrain hights.

- more controll over unit positioning and visual feedback for the space a unit will take, when taking a position.

^This

Particularly terrain hights, placing artillery is a bitch right now, lol :D. Other than that, I have to say I'm extremely impressed so far :).

Nick,

You might want to consider screened batteries are highlighted in red instead of green?

Alternatively if you went for the target over enemy units instead of arrows then it would be obvious because none of the potential targeted units would be highlighted.  You might even have 2 colors for the target symbol - red for units you could fire on and - blue for units that you could fire on if you artillery were not blocked/screened by a friendly unit.

I just had an opportunity to play for a few minutes before the game crashed on me.  From what very little I have played so far, the gameplay seems too fast for a civil war era engagement.  Hopefully I will be able to play longer in the next few days and really get a feel for it.