Game-Labs Forum

Increase Ship Sale Price to NPC Shop and Increase materials on Ship Breakup

Currently crafting a ship and selling it to the NPC shop nets a return of ~30% profit based purely on cost of materials when sourced from the cheapest locations. There profit of 30% on the cheapest possible production is consumed when one attempts to combine it with a return on labour hours invested (Snow = 1245 hours). When one counts labour hours into the cost of making a Snow, one is running at a 31% loss on average crafting ships and selling to the NPC shop. The ship sale price needs to be bumped up by 30% so that if I make a basic ship that will never sell on the Ship market, I should at least be able to cover costs and trouble for my time from the NPC shop when I sell it. 

The second issue is the pittance recovered from breaking up a ship. I have tried to repair captured ships and broken up 5 dura ships but they all still give about 3% of the materials that went into making it. How can this be? Surely there's more salvage from a Brig than a Rudder Part, 2x Rigging Parts, a Small Carriage, and 2 Canvas rolls...

I do agree with you on your first point (resource price = ship price), however, you kinda answered yourself why you only get a few bits from breaking up:

At some resource price point you'd just vacuum AI ships from the open sea and break them apart. Unlike regular resources where you have limited supply and therefore demand/supply = price the AI bot factory is boundless.

I do agree with you on your first point (resource price = ship price), however, you kinda answered yourself why you only get a few bits from breaking up:

At some resource price point you'd just vacuum AI ships from the open sea and break them apart. Unlike regular resources where you have limited supply and therefore demand/supply = price the AI bot factory is boundless.

AI Ships should be very little, while player crafted ships should give loads more this encourages people to buy a player made ship to break down for parts and BPs.

AI Ships should be very little, while player crafted ships should give loads more this encourages people to buy a player made ship to break down for parts and BPs.

This.

The problem is a 5 durability ship gives the same as a single durability ship does.