Game-Labs Forum

Things i would like to see in the game

Good day fellow female and male captains.

I know this game is early acces and therfor we are playing the most basic of the basic game, however i think the following things would be a great addition to the flavour of the game.

-More and more complex quest, at the moment we are just attacking pirates in the quest, we know their location. Maybe make a quest type were you need to hunt down a ship, need to bribe a trader, or go to the tavern of a port to get information and so on, of corse the reward would be much greater then for normal missions.

-walkable ports, well yeah thats probelly far in the future but possible addition for the game, that gives also opertunities to explore more inland stuff or go lift a buried tresure.

-nation standing, you do stuff for a nation and get a positive standing with it, that will also allow you to attack a nations ship without being classified as a pirate, or avoid npc warships.

-pvp based missions, defend port-attack port, something like that

-more sinking animations, atm a ship simply sinks, or explodes. why not breaking apart?

-Boarding animation

-more detailed damage, if oyu loose a cannon then it explode. loosing a bunch of crew make them explode.

-more crew animation, i dont know why my crew is mounting the cannons, but seamen are wired after some days on sea anyways

-salty captain voices

so thats basicly it, i guess most points are somewhere on the roadmap somewhere.

1. more complex quests i wouldnt mind

2. That will probably never happen, this is a ship sandbox game, not an rpg so...

3. I think in that age pretty much everyone sailed for a nation, might be wrong though(with exception of pirates of course)

4. Ther are such missions, just talk with clans and you will see that they most likely have plans to attack ports, when one of your ports is attacked it should be a priority of yours to defend it.

5. I think that would be too time consuming to implement, and how often did that happen in the age of sail? very rarely iirc(that being said, so did actually sinking as most were captured)

6. wouldnt mind that

7. Resource limitations

8. N/A