Game-Labs Forum

Battle's & Cutlasses Overlay (Rework Suggestion)

My main issue with how things are set up at the moment is the difficulty finding the battles that my mates are in or finding my admiralty mission.

Also If I am in an admiralty mission, other players coming in uninvited, stealing the ship from under me by blocking any attempt I make to board or simply just getting in my way

For that reason, i would like to suggest the following

Missions in General

1. Ability to view the Crossed swords GUI via spyglass and see some information about who is in the battle
  2. Not sure exactly what information would be ideal, but certainly
    • Players names (Maybe only if on your friends list, Clan members etc

Your Admiralty Missions

1. Crossed swords GUI overlay could do with a different colour than standard battles to make it easier to differentiate
  2. Ability to "lock" the battle and select who can enter the battle
    • On request (Same pop up box as a friends request)
    • Clan members
    • Friends list 

As an addition, any battles that your friends are in or your clan members could also do with being differentiated maybe again by colour or possibly different symbols as the GUI overlay

Possibility to lock battle is the most awaited features to me (that unfortunately is not a planed feature) if you finally manage to start a battle against, say; a trader ship/fleet alone, wich is hard as you have to avoid any players and especially invisible players, once the battle start there will be severals players that join the battle and try to sink/damage the merchants, or simply steall the boarding action, this is really a bad point to me, sometime you just want to make a battle alone, but you are forced to suffer from all the peoples that join the battle, even if they saw something like 10BR for the opposite side... Extremely disappointing.

• Like 2

I agree that your admiralty missions and battles with friends, group members or clan members in should be identified different on the open water as right now it's pretty hard to figure out which is the one you want when you're in a heavily populated area.

I don't agree about being able to lock battles though, having battles open in the open world is something which I love about this game and that should be a PVE server only function if implemented at all. I love that I can enter someone's battle and help or on the flip side join another faction's side against a player. Especially if they're of an opposing faction.

Personally I think your Admiralty missions instead of showing up as the usual crossed cutlass, should instead be the crest of your nation (Lions for Britian, Fleur de lis for France etc.) along with the colour of your nation? (Red for britain, blue for france, yellow for spain etc.)