Game-Labs Forum

XP and changing nation

I switched nation today and found that my XP was gone. I realize that the gold will disappear but all XP too?

That the whole xp disappears is unnessecary. There were captains that changed nation several times in the old days and they normally could command ships of the same rang in their new nation, or a bit lower rang, than in their former nation.

I think that all except a few hardcore players would either like the possibility to change nation without loosing a lot of xp or the possibility to have several captains. 

It would make it de facto impossible to change clan or nation for players to make a player loose all their xp when changing nation. 

What are the future plans on this?

Edited by Ligatorswe

XP is tied to  nation for now. The only nation-switch that will keep your XP is turning pirate.

Who knows in the future. It has been this while for a long time thus i am not sure if only the harcore players would like this. But most certainly it will help those casual players that want to try a new nation, but then again it creates a wormhole of potential abuse etc etc.

#food for thought

I switched nation today and found that my XP was gone. I realize that the gold will disappear but all XP too?

You basically retired a character and started a new one. The new one has no rank in new nation and has to prove himself to his new country. 

Changing nations provides too many options for trolling other countries. For example switch nation, go to an important port battle, do nothing. So nation change is disabled for potential exploit reasons not that we dont want it.

But once we find a good way to switch nations it might come into the game. We are not interested in forcing people to get rank again and again all the time. 

• Like 7

Keeping XP when switching nations causes too many spies. 

To swap nations without having issues about it being too easy, they need a system that takes a long time to complete, and is expensive to do.

So people don't just do it to go spy, but only because they really want to switch.

Being swedish irl, I now kinda wish that I had gone with Sweden in game, but when I started out it seemed to much of a chore to play a nation with only one port so I rolled with the brits. I really wish there was a way to switch sides, as I simply cannot bear the thought of grinding all the XP again. Allowing a switch of sides once every 2-3 months should be fine, imho.

On a different note, is it possible to have more than one character? If so, I might roll a swede and see how it goes.

Quick question, how do I change nation  at the moment, do I have to delete my character and start a new one?

edit: nvm since I am still at low rank, i just deleted my char and made a new 1 with the right nation  :mellow:

Edited by wtfcyno