Game-Labs Forum

Hello all,

Been away for a while as I started at uni in September so have been rather occupied recently, and secondly I have kind of been waiting for the game to hit the soft release on steam. As im hoping that's when there wont be anymore server wipes?!?! I love the game and have 60+ hours on steam but have yet to get the Beautiful Bellona sadly in open world or before! (Apologies if I have spelt that wrong) and cant spare the time to keep grinding to it... Anyway enough moaning about a wonderful game and back on point,

So I was thinking, is the game going to have some form of in game encyclopedia? It would be wonderful to have access to something along these lines in game, with some details of the ships along with their background and history, stats, crew and armament ect and an interactive model you could move around and simply enjoy looking at(That would be awesome!). You could also have information on nations, ranks, ports, commodities, resources used in game ect ect. 

Not everyone is going to want to get the biggest 1st rates (not I for one) but I would love to have a closer look at them and enjoy the work you guys have put into modelling and texturing these beautiful creations, im actually studying Game Tech so have started some modelling myself (3ds Max), so now I have 'some' understanding of what's involved im really starting to appreciate the beauty in games a lot more!

keep up the excellent work guys, the game is superb as is and im sure its only going to continue to get better and better!

Samuel

• Like 5

I would very much like to see a sort of Civilopedia like what is present in the Sid Meier's Civilization games (or similarly the Pirateepedia from Pirates! Live the Life) : A collection of almost everything in the game, from ships, towns, modules, areas (passages, i.e. Windward, etc.) shot, etc.

All with

1. A brief description of its in-game purpose,
  2.  A lengthier, Historical description of the Real-life counterpart,
  3. In-game stats of ship/module/city, city stats will give thing such as population, location (if discovered), trade prices, etc., ships will give base speed, hull, and maneuverability stats and so on. 
  4. As Sam suggested, an image or perhaps even a 3-D interactive model to view and tinker (Here we could even do something similar to the WarThunder X-ray with ships, so as to see armor, and the location of items within the ship such as ammo caches and pumps.)

Now for the name: Encyclopedia Nautica?

Edited by William the Drake
  • Like 3