Game-Labs Forum

Open World Colour Pallette - Should there be more variation especially for the islands.

Just thinking that foliage and sand is all the same colour no matter where you travel in the map. Is this realistic?

Well I ask if it is realistic because while it looks great at the moment their is no variation and no land marks really. 

I am hoping that vegetation does change hue or colour on some islands in real life making it possible to vary thing a little here.

• Like 1

It's not that. It's the uniformity of colour.

Not to be argumentative, but look at this close up shot of the coast of Jamaica - it has several shades of blue, at least 4 shades of green and 4 shades of brown without the haze those come out to play.

C8vhS4l.png

I don't know about the colors, but it would be nice to vary the procedurally-generated terrain a bit. The Caribbean does have deciduous and coniferous trees, after all, especially on the larger islands and mainland.

Agricultural land would be harder to model, but also good to have.

I meant that everything will look like Jamaica all over the open world. THe whole open world has one set of colours.

Ahh, OK I follow. Yes I would also like different terrain in different parts of the map - but I can understand it being a pretty low priority.