Game-Labs Forum

Pagan Pete's Pirate Cove

Pagan Pete

Arrr me hearties!

So ye be fancying herself to sail on the account (piracy)? There be a few things ye should know before ye haul anchor!

As Pyrates, we live free, but we don't get rich, exceptin' if ye bag yerself a treasure galleon. Pyrates make our fortune by taking over other mens ships & selling them. Before ye sign articles (agree to the code of conduct on board a pyrite vessel), ye should know a few quick things about the life. Grab a mug 'o rum and listen here.   [_]P

Pyrate ships: 'istorically speakin' Pyrates prefer small quick vessels, wot to evade being hanged by the authorities, see. They be sailin' closer to the wind than a bigg ship. ye want cannons on yer ship, or ye baint vein much good at stalin.

Cannons & carronades: Cannons fire at longer ranges, which makes them good for catching prey. Carronades fire short range only, but use bigger shells. Great for sinking ships, but that means your money goes down to Davey jones with it!

Shot: Ball, Chain, Grape, & Double. Chain will rip yer prey's sails to ribbons, allowin' ye to get close for the kill. From there you can either board her, or grape the crew to death.

Prey: There are three unarmed vessels ye can easily take as prizes; Trader's Lynx, Traders Cutter, & Trader's Brig.

• Lynx: Crew-20, Guns-0, Cargo-200
  • Cutter: Crew-20, Guns-0, Cargo-400
  • Brig: Crew-65, Guns-0, Cargo-600

BEWARE the Trader's Snow, she carries three 18 lb carronades on each side!

• Traders snow: Crew 60, Guns 3x18lb each side, Cargo 800.

Now Pyrates can only trade in pyrite ports, but Pagan Pete likes to think ahead, wot to keep on top 'o things. I mention cargo capacity, as that may be of some import when the craftsmen arrive on your ship in a few days! Arr! The more ye can haul, the more ye can sell, the more profit ye can make! But beware… ye can't put guns on a trade ship. Ye'd be a sitting duck for a hangin'!

That there lesson for ye Cabin-boys and powder monkeys bein' concluded, I nows open up the floor for me Pyrate mates to drink rum, sing songs, and tell tales o' plunder!!!! Yarrr!

I'll buy ye a rum if ye share your tales! [_]P

Pagan Pete

Edited by Pagan Pete
  • Like 2

'ere, what's the word on swag?

Well, I'll tell ye wot ye be getting' with yer hard plundered gold!

Reals: spoken like "Royals", Reals are the base currency of this here sailing life. The term be comin' from the French for somthin.

Pieces of Eight: Wot we Pyrates like to sing about and make our parrots say! "Pesos de la Ocho" as the Spaniards call em, are a coin that be worth eight Reals. Hence the term.

Doubloons: Doubloons be wot we Pyrates dream about having chest full of! A Doubloon is a gold coin with "double" a Piece of Eight. Word be, the French came up with the term.

Ingots: Ingots are small bars of gold er silver wot used to pay large sums to someone. An Ingot is a favorite of sailors as they could be hidden in yer boot, wot to avoid taxes and all. 

Bullion: The BIG bars of gold or silver! each weighs about 74 lbs! Id advise ye to not put bullion in yer boots.

Boots: Tis only in stories that sailors and pyrites wear boots, 'sept on shore. Most sailors go barefoot. Wealthier souls wear shoes. Why, ye be asking? Ever try to swim in boots???

Yarr! [_]P

This coming from a landlubber named Gentry, when he is clearly not part of the aristocracy…
You silly, pompous, mincer.

:lol:

Id like to ad, A pyrate, bein a free man, can speak any what he choses to. And there baint be a darn thing ye can do about it! 

Bwhahahah!

Edited by Pagan Pete
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...