Game-Labs Forum

Naval Action's Roadmap

Hey seamen.

So, as I wait in anticipation of receiving my key, I've spent a decent amount of time on these here forums trying to prepare myself as much as possible.

Part of that is preparing for my duty as an alpha tester.

As of yet, I have been unable to find a roadmap. I'd like to know what's planned, what's being considered, and what has been scrapped, so I can save myself and all of you some time telling the developers things they already know etc.

Does such a thing exist and where would I find it, if you would be so kind?

Cheers,

Catfish Quinn

• Like 1

There have been hints from the admin that by the end of the year NA could see some big changes. They have suggested recently that before to long there will be an influx of new moderators for the forums as well as "helpers" in game to guide the noobs. I can only come to the conclusion that many things are about to be released because right now there just isn't much of a game because there isn't much to fight for.

They have been working on the combat mechanics for some time now. It wasn't long ago that a patch that increased the functionality of boarding was released and now a patch that will introduce crafting is due out this week.

I believe they are working on multiple modules. They have said that Port battles will be introduced soon enough and with this next patch which will include a full wipe, we have been encouraged not to put clan tag on our character name because their will be a mechanic introduced in the game before to long that will provide this funcitonality.

They are also working on a number of ships and I wouldn't be surprised if we get one or two of them with this next patch. Some of the ships being worked on are player picked ships and some are ones they picked. They always surprise us.

I just thought I'd leave this here, for what it's worth:

These are the priorities we are working on for the next 1-2 months

1) Improved boarding

2) Improved spawns

3) Improved repair mechanics

4) Improved trading

5) Finalize AI

6) Tune ship stats based on your feedback

7) Tune ROE based on your feedback

8) Improved fleets for players

9) Gameplay critical bugs

10) New vessels

not many on atm as there is nothing really to play for apart from limited pvp battles and people waiting for the next update

trading is very basic and limited 

no crafting

no risks of loss

no port battles

Edited by Generaljake

I do hope those of you that have any control on the boarding mechanics look at whats been going on lately.

Some players have been upgrading their Santi's to the point where they can clean up a whole SOL ai fleets plus any other players that happen to get caught.

Proceedure appears to be chase and dismast then board. As it appears that many mods have a cumulative effect rather than a diminishing one and as successful boarders get all their crew back it is never ending.

If unlimited gold and status ends as it has been these last two weeks it will be a disater for the game if this isn't modified. At least don't replenish a whole crew. That will stop continual boarding. Having diminishing returns for more mods. (You want some players to use other than boarding based mods ) would be wise.

Ok moan over!  great game looking forward to more ships and more functions and perhaps more individual character to the ports? And much more!! :)