Game-Labs Forum

The game is lots of fun

Finally, after playing the game a little bit, 2 or 3 little combats using the yatch and the lynx, I have to say the game is lots of fun. It looks very nicely done graphically, sounds are amazing which I consider of big importance in games as well as music (this one missing for now) and gameplay is very good IMO.

If the gameplay change it should only be for a little bit of more realism but not viceversa.

Yes, I miss an epic music in the background, not very loud but just for the mood of the battle. But considering this is in alpha (or beta, i don't know), the game quite good!

I have to say this: I suck at the moment. You might say I have only played 2 or 3 games which is very few games to be good at it, but hell, I almost didn't get a hot on any ship from a decent distance!

Ii must suck at aiming or something. But traying to figure out the distance and range when aiming was probably my favourite part since it gives a lot of skill based gameplay and a goal to it and it is just not simply a matter or click a button which is something I dislike from most games nowadays (MMOs mostly).

So, yes. Gameplay should be changed only for better not wrose. More realism if so and skill based gameplay, but honestly I wouldn't mind at all if the gameplay remained as it is for the whole existence of the game ;-).

Keep on the good work devs! ;-)

• Like 2

Welcome!  This game is considered to be very early Alpha right now.  There are tons of features and changes coming, including an entirely new Damage Model which, you may find, will bring more "realism" to the effect that cannonballs have when they smash into your enemy (or you).

Everyone sucks badly for a while, that's just because the Developers do want skill to be a factor in the game, but you have the spirit already - keep at it, read the forums for hints and tips, and you'll find yourself gaining comfort and skill very rapidly.

Enjoy your new Command sir!

Welcome.Yes,shooting is a skill that you can only aquire by Practice,Practice.Use the Telescope to check the fall of your shot before loosing off a broadside.Then adjust your aim accordingly.While the starting ships have a small number of cannon their nimbleness is their saving grace.That will change as you start to get square rigged ships and you will need to learn to handle them.Keep at it,its a great game.