Game-Labs Forum

Editing the UI and sounds through UABEA (WIP)

MDHansen

Hello

I am making this thread to spread my knowledge and findings regards the UI ingame. I will keep updating this as I find more information and ways to play with the UI

AS ALWAYS, MAKE BACKUP OF THE FILES YOU ARE EDITING

1. Get UABEA and understand how it works.
2. Open the resources.assets file located in "steamapps\common\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts_Data"
3. Press F8 (scene hierarchy)
4. Instructions for individual areas follows below

FYI; You can find the asset in the resource file by right clicking the component in the right hand column and choose "Visit Asset". It will then jump to the correct object in Assets Info. Edit the object(s) and you can then extract them out, so you can add them back in after a game update. Skips the process of doing it all over again every patch.
gjgYWhV.png

--------------------------------------------

First off is the annoying damage floatups. This has been a thorn in my side, along with the bad resolution/scaling ingame. @brothermunro has somehow disabled some of the floatups ingame, through means only known to the Man himself (no, not Munro, he doesn't know how he did it).
1. Scroll all the way down and find "FloatUpCont"
2. In the right hand column look for "Canvas Base", right click it and choose "Edit Asset"
3. Find "1 UInt8 m_Enabled = 1", and change it to = 0
4. Hit ok and ok to the message popping up.
5. Close the Scene Hierarchy window and save the fileFvjujSk.png

Remove individual sounds (aka remove the annoying effects in the shipbuilder, ui click sounds, end turn, etc etc)
1. Find music_world_peace. About 1/7 down the page
2. Everything below(with no expanding triangle) is sounds/effects (music_world_peace -> con_generate_ship)
3. Right click+Edit Asset "MonoBehaviour Base (soundpack)" in the right column, counts for all
4. Find  
"0 float volumeMin = "
"0 float volumeMax = "
and change to = 0 (or something to your choosing between 0 and 1)

Box and Font Size campaign map popup messages (typcal "confirm" and "information" messages)
1. Find MessageBox (all the way down)
TBC

Edited by MDHansen
addons
  • Like 1

Yeah I pressed some button combo and it now doesn’t show blocked or ricochets, and doesn’t show ‘penetration’ or ‘partial pen’ in words below the damage number. No idea how I did it 😅 do you know how to change the game’s font? 

• Like 1

• MDHansen changed the title to Editing the UI and sounds through UABEA (WIP)

So I am able to change font sizes. I do fear that font type needs a .dll input, as a mod through MelonLoader. Since you'd have to add a new font to the game (ive seen it in other Unity based games). Doable, definately doable