Game-Labs Forum

Politics: Does anyone really know how it works?

As the title says.

I know how to move a government from right to left. That requires you to raise unrest to at least 20% or more in time for a party further left to accumulate support before elections. The closer the elections, the more you need to elevate unrest to make it happen.

What I don't understand:

1. How to move support right in a democracy or constitutional monarchy.
  2. How to move from an absolute monarchy to a constitutional monarchy.
  3. How to move from a constitutional monarchy to a democracy.
  4. How anything at all regarding pure monarchy works.

Has anyone been able to fill those gaps? I'd like to know, and I suspect so would many other players.

Edited by killjoy1941
Precision
  • Like 3

As the head of the admiralty you can’t really control who is in charge of the government. However you can deliberately increase unrest, eventually you’ll cause a revolution (or an election) and the government will change. You do not have any control over what you’ll end up with, and if you do it wrong and get kicked out you’ll have a game over.

Honestly playing as the head of admirality is kinda tideous and there are too many events that can be frustrating at best. In my opinion it would be better if we could control our country directly even if it isn't realistic to do so as an admiral.

Would be nice if we got a pop-up event before every election, where journalists ask us which party we support.
The player's answer (endorsement) will influence the election relative to their Naval Prestige. An admiral with a Naval Prestige score in the thousands is pretty much a national hero, and their political endorsement should carry some weight, whereas a fresh admiral (new campaign) with almost no Naval Prestige yet won't exactly make the front pages.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, brothermunro said:

As the head of the admiralty you can’t really control who is in charge of the government. However you can deliberately increase unrest, eventually you’ll cause a revolution (or an election) and the government will change. You do not have any control over what you’ll end up with, and if you do it wrong and get kicked out you’ll have a game over.

Right, but I've never gotten anything other than one or two steps left using unrest. It's entirely predictable as I can watch support for parties change from turn to turn. So if I just relentlessly pile on the unrest, I get a revolution with a random outcome? There's no order whatsoever, i.e.: Monarchy -> far left Democracy -> far fight democracy? Is there a way to shift parties rightward, or does that require revolution too?

Politics is by far the most opaque and unintuitive aspect of the game.

Edited by killjoy1941

6 hours ago, brothermunro said:

I think certain counties are more likely to do certain things, like Russia becoming communist, but no there's no real influence you can have.

Got it. I appreciate the replys. :)

9 hours ago, Wowzery said:

Question, why are you trying to change the government?

Because some Governament have big penalties to GDP growth.

The best one is right democracy, then right constitutional monarchy, then neutral democracy.