Game-Labs Forum

[Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v2.2.3 for UAD 1.6.0.6

brothermunro

• brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v2.0.7 for UAD 1.6.0.3
  • brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v2.0.7 for UAD 1.6.0.3 & 1.6.0.3R
  • brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v2.1.0 for UAD 1.6.0.3R

2.1.0 Update

Reduced campaign politics screen action cool down to 1 turn, enjoy launching more naval invasions!
Campaign generation now only runs for 2 years to improve initial designs & performance.
Fixed Japanese Heavy Cruiser 5 having a higher design speed than the class limit (it has been reduced from 41.5 to 40 knots).

Ship pack also updated!

• Like 1

On 8/21/2024 at 8:01 AM, brothermunro said:

Reduced campaign politics screen action cool down to 1 turn, enjoy launching more naval invasions!
Campaign generation now only runs for 2 years to improve initial designs & performance.

This is too glorious of a thing to behold first thing in the morning!

• Like 1

I noticed something funny with the first "Large Cruiser" hull you can unlock. It has a max optimal speed of 21 knots, but the moment you touch the speed slider, the minimum speed you can give it is 23 knots

WHjHHeP.jpeg

Means they are too early compared to the given year in the technologies textasset. Itll move down quickly/quicker as you get within the "too soon" params. Ther is a time penalty when techs are researched too early

4 hours ago, brothermunro said:

That’s… odd. Japanese ‘large cruiser’ I’m assuming? Is that one of the weird battlecruiser hulls I wonder. I’ll see if I can fix it.

19 hours ago, Hopit said:

I noticed something funny with the first "Large Cruiser" hull you can unlock. It has a max optimal speed of 21 knots, but the moment you touch the speed slider, the minimum speed you can give it is 23 knots

WHjHHeP.jpeg

This is an Ibuki heavy cruiser hull. Historically, this cruiser had 12" cannons, same as seen in the game being the biggest allowed caliber guns.
Due to devs limiting Heavy Cruisers down to 11" cannons, which overrides hulls that don't have limit specified, they had to classify this CA (ca_4_ibuki) as BC with specified limit of 12". (which I of course fixed long ago, in case you wonder. By making minimum speed of all BCs 21knots, in order to not break people's ships, and actual max caliber of that hull 14" due to it structurally built to support large guns, at least singlet ones. And having it be a cheap way to bring large guns else everyone would just use "Battlecruiser I" hull as japan)

Edited by XerMGGW-2

@brothermunro

I updated the game, then installed the new DIP and ship pack files. Started a new 1930 GB campaign and designed my ships after the campaign generated. When I came to build my ships the game would only allow me to build three BBs before I ran out of funds! The only way I could avoid this was to start the campaign which seems to boost my budget, then build the ships in campaign, which of course is impractible as it takes many many turns to build a fleet.

I'm going to try a completely fresh install, i.e., verify game files, clear out the ship pack folder and reinstall the DIP and ship pack from there.

Apart from doing that, can you shed any light on this one?

Who were you playing as? 

Ship costs went up in 1.6 & I haven’t been able to play a campaign myself yet but I’ll have a look.

Historically speaking in 1930 3 modern battleships would be a reasonable number for most of the countries in the game (assuming you were able to build other ships)

4 hours ago, brothermunro said:

Who were you playing as? 

Ship costs went up in 1.6 & I haven’t been able to play a campaign myself yet but I’ll have a look.

Historically speaking in 1930 3 modern battleships would be a reasonable number for most of the countries in the game (assuming you were able to build other ships)

Playing as the UK - so normaly budget isnt too much of a problem. I can build three BBs, but that is it - budget wont allow anything else until the campaign is started. As I say, doing it that way means I have to build my fleet from scratch during a live campaign

18 minutes ago, brothermunro said:

As the U.K.! Jeez yeah that’s not right. Hmmmm. Do you remember how much your ships were to build?

I've added a screenshot - they are all based roughly on your designs, with tweaking to take into account the various update changes

shipcosts.jpg

1 hour ago, brothermunro said:

Thanks that’s very helpful! So you only had a starting budget of $6 billion or so? Hmmmm. That’s at least half of what you’d need.

I have multiple saves of the same campaign so I can go back to pre building anything quiet easily. I find it odd how the campaign lets me spend money with abandon as soon as I click to start it - but of course that is no good as you dont have a fleet ready to go.

Here are my opening finances before I attempt to build any of my ships or start a campaign.

When I build a British fleet, I tend to use the numbers from your how to campaign video - freezing it when it comes to the politics page so I can see the fleet size - it something *like* 7 BBs, 3 BCs, 13 CAs, 18 CLs, 22 DDs.  I encountered this problem once before, but refreshing the game and reinstalling the DIPs and ship packs seemed to cure it, I think. I'm pretty sure that was back at the begining of this year, but I couldnt tell you which version of the game that was.

budget.jpg

• brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v2.2.0 for UAD 1.6.0.4

Updated DIP to 2.2.0 

Some tweaks & adjustments to the parts file (thanks Rocket!) trying to address inconsistencies in hull form values.
Added battlecruiser 4 hull to Austria. Also added another pre-dreadnought battleship 2 hull that isn't awful.
Fuel and engine costs rebalanced to prevent massive ship cost inflation.
Campaign starting funds increased.

Ship Pack updated to 4.5, now with over 300 designs!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, brothermunro said:

Updated DIP to 2.2.0 

Some tweaks & adjustments to the parts file (thanks Rocket!) trying to address inconsistencies in hull form values.
Added battlecruiser 4 hull to Austria. Also added another pre-dreadnought battleship 2 hull that isn't awful.
Fuel and engine costs rebalanced to prevent massive ship cost inflation.
Campaign starting funds increased.

Ship Pack updated to 4.5, now with over 300 designs!

Bless you my child! 😆

• Like 1