Game-Labs Forum

[Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v2.2.3 for UAD 1.6.0.6

brothermunro

22 hours ago, XerMGGW-2 said:

Have you noticed if AI has had any changes in prioritizing what components to install on their ships, as well as armouring logic?

I use custom component weights so there shouldn't be any change there. Armouring logic I've done my very best with, I honestly don't know what else I can do! The ship pack should help a bit, but it takes time to make all the designs (just released a set of 1890 ships for those starting a campaign)

Heres an interesting on Brother. You might want to double check the VP awarded, feels like they are 10x more then they should be. Been trying out DIP for 1.6 and its been, interesting.

Also had a battle in 1895 vs Spain that I sank 5 CAs... they never fired a shot and I got like 70,000 VP for that.

20240811195306_1.jpg

Edited by mrfox1918

Today I started a new game (on your 2.0.1 version of the mod) And I noticed something weird while I was building a battlecruiser 1

The Enhanced Funnels dont make any sense. For example,  "Enhanced Funnel (Large) is heavier, more expensive, has more crew (not sure if more crew is + or - ), same funnel capacity, less "smoke interference" and less "target signature" (I am assuming bigger number for these 2 is worse) than the "Large Funnel II". Even the "Large Funnel I" just has 0.5 less Funnel capacity and it just overall a better pick.

AGniKzp.png

osRdOon.png

Would it be wrong of me to assume that the additional weight and cost of the Enhanced Funnel, is supposed to come with some benefits?

• brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v2.0.2 for UAD 1.6.0.1
  • brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v2.0.3 for UAD 1.6.0.2
13 hours ago, Audrastea said:

The Dreadnought Improvement Project v2.0.3 for UAD 1.6.0.2 is failing to extract due to being invalid? Not sure if that's a me problem or a file problem its never happened before for me. 

Looks like newest file was uploaded 9 hours ago.  So shadow fix?  Anyway, try again, it should work.

12 hours ago, Phillies6f said:

Where can I download the optional ship pack?

The optional ship pack can be found on the Nexus page along with the main mod.  It is found under the "Optional Files" section.  Be advised however, the pack only works with certain versions of the game.  Typically, it is the latest stable release, not the beta branch.

• Like 1

• brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v2.0.4 for UAD 1.6.0.2

Small update 2.0.4.

Adjusted speed exponent in ship types to address 1.6 engine cost calculations. Ships should now only go bonkers in cost if you go over the design speed at 0 beam. Overall engines are slightly lighter and cheaper compared to 2.0.3 so no designs should become invalid.
Made turbines slightly lighter, lowering their engine weight mod from 25 to 20.

• Like 1

Hi BM,

There is some corruption of Admiral's names in resources.assets 2.0.4 of the lines lines starting

german_ai,,

france_ai,,

austria_ai,,

(the lines listing Head of Admiralty, buildRatio, TechMod).

For example, "Karl Dönitz" is mangled into "Karl Dönitz".

This corruption happened a while ago, I think early DIP 2 beta. DIP 1 is OK.

Cheers,

- Vholes

Not sure if engine weights and funnel capacity are working correctly with the 2.0.4 version. Suddenly able to get 200+% with a single funnel using natural boilers and basic steam engines on a 3000t 1890's German Light Cruiser Hull refit in 1898 doing 32 knots. Previously was lucky to get 20 knots and ~80-90% funnel capacity using three funnels.

4 hours ago, Vholes said:

Hi BM,

There is some corruption of Admiral's names in resources.assets 2.0.4 of the lines lines starting

german_ai,,

france_ai,,

austria_ai,,

(the lines listing Head of Admiralty, buildRatio, TechMod).

For example, "Karl Dönitz" is mangled into "Karl Dönitz".

This corruption happened a while ago, I think early DIP 2 beta. DIP 1 is OK.

Cheers,

- Vholes

I blame excel. I haven’t noticed those corruptions making it into the actual game but I’ll see if I can tidy them up :)

3 hours ago, Coheed said:

Not sure if engine weights and funnel capacity are working correctly with the 2.0.4 version. Suddenly able to get 200+% with a single funnel using natural boilers and basic steam engines on a 3000t 1890's German Light Cruiser Hull refit in 1898 doing 32 knots. Previously was lucky to get 20 knots and ~80-90% funnel capacity using three funnels.

Well I did want to make the funnels on early cruisers less sucky but that seems like an over correction 😂

8 hours ago, brothermunro said:

I blame excel. I haven’t noticed those corruptions making it into the actual game but I’ll see if I can tidy them up :)

My current game, the Austrian Head of Admiralty is "Friedrich von Pöck". Hmm. May be related to Logo. Hollow circle above downward arrow crossed with a curlicued horn-shaped symbol and then a short bar (formerly Prince)?

I haven't noticed any other problems of this sort, I'll keep an eye out.

This is completely off-topic but I blame Excel for a lot of compatibility problems, like being incompatible with other versions of Excel. 😛

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-54423988 - I heard about this from the far side of the world.

I have to be careful with Unicode at the best of times, I don't need "help".

- Vholes

Hi,

I have just tried starting a couple of new campaigns with 1.6.0.2 and DIP 2.0.4.

USA, 1890, normal level, Historical, Auto-create fleet - one campaign ALWAYS use the newest 1.6 DIP 1890 ship pack, the other designs OFF.

In both campaigns auto- and manual designs aren't looking good. 1890 CAs and CLs are unbelievably fast.

Below is the (auto-design, don't use ship pack) CA Oregon - 28.1 knots on a single (+6) funnel. 85.6% engine efficiency.

Note also the tiny size and tinier cost of the engines - 421 tons, $29k. Engines cost 10× less per ton than fuel? The mouse-over stats of the Funnel, Natural Boilers and Basic Steam Engine look the same as ever.

- Vholes

DIP-204-CA-Oregon.thumb.png.d929efe51cb20f220d54ec8be36a73ae.png

• brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v2.0.5 for UAD 1.6.0.2
9 hours ago, Vholes said:

In both campaigns auto- and manual designs aren't looking good. 1890 CAs and CLs are unbelievably fast.

Below is the (auto-design, don't use ship pack) CA Oregon - 28.1 knots on a single (+6) funnel. 85.6% engine efficiency.

Note also the tiny size and tinier cost of the engines - 421 tons, $29k. Engines cost 10× less per ton than fuel? The mouse-over stats of the Funnel, Natural Boilers and Basic Steam Engine look the same as ever.

I'm aware. 1.6 did... something to engines. I've made some improvements in 2.0.5. Rebalanced engine cost calculations again. Made some changes to boiler techs. I'm reasonably happy with large ships, but DD's and TB's still feel off. I greatly appreciate any feedback, if you make a ship that feels just wrong please post it!

regards to shipNames, I see that opening it up in anything but Notepad++ distorts some of the names. Anyone got a suggestion turning the file from a txt to csv without messing up certain names? the csv file seems to know what it says but cant do it properly. Opening the csv with N++ all is fine😬

12 hours ago, MDHansen said:

regards to shipNames, I see that opening it up in anything but Notepad++ distorts some of the names. Anyone got a suggestion turning the file from a txt to csv without messing up certain names? the csv file seems to know what it says but cant do it properly. Opening the csv with N++ all is fine😬

Hi, text like the ship name "Árpád" is UTF-8. You may need to force your editor/spreadsheet to realise this.

UTF-8 text to CSV/spreadsheet conversion - I use LibreOffice (FOSS equivalent of MS Office) and I don't have problems.

I copy a UTF-8 text file, rename the copy from ".txt" to ".csv", open with LibreOffice and it all seems OK. LibreOffice has an option at import time where you can select "Unicode - UTF-8" as the character set. Excel must have an equivalent!

I would attach clean CSVs of all the ship names but the forum accepted file types are pictures and sound only? [Edit: I think you already have clean text/CSVs, it's importing that is the problem- V]

-Vholes

###,,,austria,,,,,,,
54,,Monarch,austria,bb,,,,,,
55,,Wien,austria,bb,,,,,,
[more]

60,,Árpád,austria,bb,,,,,,

Edited by Vholes
Trimmed irrelevancies.
  • Like 1

• brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v2.0.6 for UAD 1.6.0.2

2.0.6 update up.

More attempts to get DD's working. Yes I know they have 300% engine efficiency, if I fix that the engines become ridiculous. Don't know how any of that works. Or why it was changed. Anyway I have done my best. I also fixed crew pool growth.

• Like 1