Game-Labs Forum

[Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v1.13.0 for UAD 1.5.1.1 Opt x1

brothermunro

47 minutes ago, brothermunro said:

I think that can happen if the designs are considered invalid. I’ll add it as a warning in the mod description!

No Probs - just started  a fresh campaign and I'm building a new fleet using your YT guides. Although...the starting point of 1930 in your vids and the in the latest version of the game are different. Not as much tech available in my 1930 version of the world. Sonar and stuff like that arent as readily available 

13 hours ago, RattyB said:

No Probs - just started  a fresh campaign and I'm building a new fleet using your YT guides. Although...the starting point of 1930 in your vids and the in the latest version of the game are different. Not as much tech available in my 1930 version of the world. Sonar and stuff like that arent as readily available 

Yeah some of the tech years are shifted, but as well the tech is randomised at the start of your campaign a bit so you're never sure exactly what techs will be available.

Got my fleet built (I cant tell you how great it is that you've fixed the pitch and balance settings on the hulls!) and I'm into a campaign using the mod. It's a much 'cleaner' game and less dithery game to play so far! Keep up the good work. 

I've been waiting years for something come along that was as good as Fighting Steel (now there was a game that was infested with bugs - but it had great GP), and UAD looks to be it.

• Like 1

Hello brothermunro,

thank you for your work, however about the invisible ships...

I just had an invisible Enemy DD, and several other occasions, I am afraid the cause is not the smoke since I am running the latest version 1.31 I believe

Also, for the note, lack of smoke makes the DD's and CL's to a certain degree capital ship bait.We may not like it but it is valid game mechanic.

With your changes, game has become as simple as bigger ship wins, you have no counters with smaller tonnage.

My views ofc..

I remember, distinctly, you mentioned changing the value of smoke visibility, or the effect of smoke on the visibility,

That might be a starting point...

Also, when modding, how did you change the stability of the hulls? I had tried to do the same thing before starting with your mod but I just didn't have the time to see it through.

22 hours ago, brothermunro said:

Oh I used the component weights from NAR (thanks @Obakan !) which in addition to being more historically accurate are also much easier to build with

Himm, but which file are they located in?

I will respect if not willing to share,

Also, I am not working on a rival mod, for the record

13 hours ago, Lamb Chop said:

Himm, but which file are they located in?

I will respect if not willing to share,

Also, I am not working on a rival mod, for the record

I believe the changes are in the components file (even if you were working on a ‘rival’ mod you’d be most welcome to use anything out of mine)

• brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v1.4.0 for UAD 1.4.1.1 Opt x1

New version out!

v1.4.0
Boosted gas turbines hp/ton to 210 and their funnel capacity boost to 110, increased cost/ton to compensate for this (overall cost should be similar).
Normalised the modern battleships, modern battlecruisers, super battleships, and modernised dreadnoughts stats to improve balance
Made changes to the improved and advanced triple & quad gun techs to make them closer to the performance of twin guns over time
Another attempt to fix the invisible ships, adjusting detection modifiers
Imported economy and aiming changes from vanilla 1.4.1.1 Opt x1

• Like 1

9 hours ago, brothermunro said:

I believe the changes are in the components file (even if you were working on a ‘rival’ mod you’d be most welcome to use anything out of mine)

Found it,

it is params

Under,

#,,Constructor Stability,,,,,,,

Values you want are:

stability_zz_convert,64,divisor of momentum instability (forward),240,43.2,,,,,
stability_xx_convert,64,divisor of momentum instability (side),325,58.5,,,,,

Originals were about 28, I took the NAR values of 64

• Thanks 1

• brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v1.5.0 for UAD 1.4.1.1 Opt x2

New version of the mod is up

Small changes to aiming & long range accuracy should mean hitting small ships is harder.
Another attempt at fixing invisible ships, fixing a possible typo in accuracies.

Also updated the ship pack to version 2 with some designs by Darth Vendar

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve left the components in to make sure that players don’t experience issues if they add DIP to a vanilla campaign (or play a turn on vanilla by accident after an update). Players of course know not to fit them but the AI does anyway which is a slight advantage for the player. Actually that gives me an idea. I might be able to make the weight of the depth charges and mine equipment minimal so the AI isn’t hampered by them.

Bugger...it's happened again. I've just updated to the latest version of the the mod, and this time it has wiped out half my campaign fleet and left the remaining handful of ships massively overweight. Which means....back to 1930 I go.

All my ships were scratch built by me, using no AI or shared designs, so I'm at a lost to understand what went wrong?

Any ideas how I can prevent this happening again when the next update comes out? 

3 hours ago, brothermunro said:

This can happen if you accidentally load a save on vanilla and play a turn or two. Because the game can update without you realising this is very easy to do!

No, nothing like that. I loaded up the campaign I had been playing with the previous version of the mod before the latest one.

I'm a bit loathed to try any further updates as they arrived in case the same thing happens? Is there anyway to do a back up before installing the latest version each time? 

Oooff. You’re the first user to report this type of problem so I’m really not sure what’s causing it. I’ll try my best to nail it down ASAP! In the meantime I do only tend to update the mod when the game gets an update, and all the previous versions are on nexus mods.

As for backing up yes you can do this if you find the save files (which are in the same place as shared designs App Data/LocalLow/GameLabs/UAD) make a copy and paste them somewhere safe like your desktop.

16 hours ago, brothermunro said:

This can happen if you accidentally load a save on vanilla and play a turn or two. Because the game can update without you realising this is very easy to do!

Steam really does like to do sneaky updates, I've been caught a few times on back Vanilla. 

Now I always check the news page when I start-up to make sure it still mentions the mod.

Something else Ive found, which may or may not be related to the mod update. I'm at war with only one other country, however I'm getting warnings about negative GDP, which I've never had before. I cant seem to improve it