Game-Labs Forum

MelonLoader+UnityExplorer - Change UI scale and other tidbits

MDHansen

Hello. 

download and follow instructions. Should be fairly straightforward. Please just ask if you have any issues.
https://github.com/sinai-dev/UnityExplorer
https://github.com/LavaGang/MelonLoader

Someone asked me, quite some time ago sorry, to give a little description how I manipulate the UI ingame.
From the start it has irked me that, although the resolution says 3840x2160, everything is just too big in the UI, it feels like I'm running the game 20 years back.

The sad part is, this needs to be done every time you start the game. I have the ability to access the game files and edit them, but have no clue how to import them back. Here we need someone used to unity and how to make mods.

MelonLoader IS a mod loader, so it should definately be doable. ML also runs scripts, so anyone capable is welcomed to approach me here.

I do apologize for the mess! 😝

Klrr6L2.jpg

ADDED: ^^ So, I change the native resolution from 1024x768 to my 3840x2160. That is a bit too much, so a second option underneath is to set m_UIScaleMode to "ConstantPhysicalSize", that'll blow it back up again by a little bit. 
This is basically it, initially. Under I will explain a bit more deeper other solutions to make the information popups smaller aswell, because they will scale with the option explained above. And I want them to be smaller, to take less space on my monitor. Personally I shrink them with between 30-40%.

TBC - I'll add instructions of how to reduce the size of all the information pop ups aswell (regional, fleets, ports, events, etc).
Although this is fairly easy and is found under. We crowbar them with the RectTransform->LocalScale option
UIMain->Main->WorldEx->PopWindows
UIMain->Popup
UIMain->Overlay

Edited; more clarification

Edited by MDHansen
  • Like 1