Game-Labs Forum

Tall Ships in Philadelphia!

Don Alvarez

• 2 months later...

Tickets have been purchased, rooms reserved, and rum stashed! I'll be headed to Philly for this event!

Some ships of particular note will be showcased at the waterfront, most notably the Privateer Lynx, La Hermione, El Galleon Andalucia, and others!. That said, I was wondering if the community had anything I should keep a rather keen eye out for: specific ships to take greater means to look at, or various details to focus on? Maybe some specific questions to ask the tour guides? Anything while I am in the presence of the real-life ships we are sailing around in-game.

Tickets have been purchased, rooms reserved, and rum stashed! I'll be headed to Philly for this event!

Some ships of particular note will be showcased at the waterfront, most notably the Privateer Lynx, La Hermione, El Galleon Andalucia, and others!. That said, I was wondering if the community had anything I should keep a rather keen eye out for: specific ships to take greater means to look at, or various details to focus on? Maybe some specific questions to ask the tour guides? Anything while I am in the presence of the real-life ships we are sailing around in-game.

Will you be there for the parade on Thursday? AFAIK you can purchase tickets to sail on certain ships and the Lynx may be one of them. Kind of expensive but if you are coming up from LA.... I sailed on the Lynx in September which was a great experience. Too bad more ships from the NA period are not included like Sultana, Pride of Baltimore or Niagara. Having said that I would recommend that you visit Olympia to get a view of an 1890's cruiser and of course there's the USS New Jersey across the river. I would also recommend getting down there early to see L'Hermione to avoid the lines.

I will hopefully be there on Thursday for the parade @1:00 and then to go on board L'Hermione and others that afternoon, but I am also going to check the ship tracker to see when they are coming up the Delaware river. I work about 30 minutes south of Phila near the river so I may be able to catch ships coming in. My wife's birthday is that Saturday so I may be back in Phily, just not wandering around the tall ships!

• Like 1

AFAIK you can purchase tickets to sail on certain ships and the Lynx may be one of them. Kind of expensive but if you are coming up from LA.... I sailed on the Lynx in September which was a great experience.

I believe they are only selling tickets for cruises on board the Serenity, AJ Meerwald, and the (recently added for sailing) Hindu. That's online at least, and we are considering sailing, but it will be no great loss if we don't. 

Too bad more ships from the NA period are not included like Sultana, Pride of Baltimore or Niagara. Having said that I would recommend that you visit Olympia to get a view of an 1890's cruiser and of course there's the USS New Jersey across the river. I would also recommend getting down there early to see L'Hermione to avoid the lines.

Duly noted, thank you!