Game-Labs Forum

[BUG?] Torpedo launchers refuse to fire

Stealth17

I have a very frustrating issue with the game. 

I've built a ship that's very heavy on torpedo launchers. 25x 24-inch torps per side. Year: 1950.

In combat my ship was 1.5 km away from the target. 

Target was selected.

All launchers ready, not destroyed, loaded and pointed at the enemy. Torpedoes set to aggressive launch.

The ship just refused to launch whatsoever. 

In this battle I had 7 of these ships. Most of them flatout refused to launch. 

And before you mention it: yes, there were friendly ships in the way at times, but that never stopped the AI from launching anyway.

Extremely frustrating, especially since this was for a competitive video. 

• Like 1

I have specifically these ships that launch torpedoes very badly. Even at cruise speed, they aim torpedoes at an almost stationary target, but don't launch them.

What is even more strange, when "using" torpedoes, they stop firing from the main guns.

Do not pay attention to the stuck gun, problems with torpedoes occur even with OK guns.

St2.png

On 10/18/2023 at 1:35 PM, Stealth17 said:

I have a very frustrating issue with the game. 

I've built a ship that's very heavy on torpedo launchers. 25x 24-inch torps per side. Year: 1950.

In combat my ship was 1.5 km away from the target. 

Target was selected.

All launchers ready, not destroyed, loaded and pointed at the enemy. Torpedoes set to aggressive launch.

The ship just refused to launch whatsoever. 

In this battle I had 7 of these ships. Most of them flatout refused to launch. 

And before you mention it: yes, there were friendly ships in the way at times, but that never stopped the AI from launching anyway.

Extremely frustrating, especially since this was for a competitive video. 

You can attach the save of this ship to take a look. Is it a ship for campaign, custom battle or shared design? In any way, if there are friendly ships ahead, this would be the reason of not firing. You can try the torpedo launching without friendly ships ahead, to see if there is a true issue or not.

Note: Friendlies that are behind the enemy ship but inside the fire arc of your torpedo launchers may prevent them to fire. Players who usually get near an enemy ship, encircle it with many small ships, may anticipate torpedoes not firing, which if they did, they may have hit a friendly. It is very hard to optimize this behavior without messing up the whole friendly fire logic.

8 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

You can attach the save of this ship to take a look. Is it a ship for campaign, custom battle or shared design? In any way, if there are friendly ships ahead, this would be the reason of not firing. You can try the torpedo launching without friendly ships ahead, to see if there is a true issue or not.

Note: Friendlies that are behind the enemy ship but inside the fire arc of your torpedo launchers may prevent them to fire. Players who usually get near an enemy ship, encircle it with many small ships, may anticipate torpedoes not firing, which if they did, they may have hit a friendly. It is very hard to optimize this behavior without messing up the whole friendly fire logic.

I have noticed the issue as well (playing campaign) without friendlies in the way Also seems to only occur the the mk 4 and 5 launchers they visually track enemy vessels so it isn't a design conflict the bug appeared in 1.3 at the time it would resolve after restarting the game but as of 1.4 it occurs regularly mainly with destroyers