Game-Labs Forum

Is diplomacy totally broken?

I (AH) was allied with a bunch of nations. France declared war on Spain, then I think Germany declared war on France, causing me to be at war with France, but then one of my other allies declared war on Germany causing me to be at war with Germany and allied to France? Then next turn I was at war with Spain, Britain, and Germany. Then one turn later I was at war with everyone, and various other nations formed alliances and declared war on each other on the same turn.

I wasn't really ready to be at war given that a few turns ago, I was allied to 5 nations and not planning on fighting anyone by myself, much less than fighting literally everyone.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 12:23 PM, CapitanIncognito said:

I (AH) was allied with a bunch of nations. France declared war on Spain, then I think Germany declared war on France, causing me to be at war with France, but then one of my other allies declared war on Germany causing me to be at war with Germany and allied to France? Then next turn I was at war with Spain, Britain, and Germany. Then one turn later I was at war with everyone, and various other nations formed alliances and declared war on each other on the same turn.

I wasn't really ready to be at war given that a few turns ago, I was allied to 5 nations and not planning on fighting anyone by myself, much less than fighting literally everyone.

It is just how real life politic works :) You are allied one morning to see your self in the start of world war 1 on the next one (i am loling btw if that is not obvious)

I for example played China, one month GB demanded compensation, then USA, France, Japan etc. etc. Out of all the countries i payed off 3 (rest, preaty much entire world beside Russia and Germany declered war on me) AH i payed off only to be asked for compensation over border violations (playing as CHINA) again in 3 months

So yea... that was funny lol

Except that when the other nations start declaring war on each other, it has a tendency to pull you in.

Then your government decides to Ally with one or more nations regardless of what the tension level between you is at the time. 

15 hours ago, Wowzery said:

I've gotten where I don't enter into an alliance so I don't get sucked into these things.

Most of those alliances started because of my previous war with Russia, which I didn't intentionally start, but the government thought it was a good idea to suicide the army into Serbia... again. (Somehow I managed to not go to war the first time that happened.)