Game-Labs Forum

Wrong turrets for French BBs of mid-1890s

Captain Meow

Hello again!

Remembered this game... Installed, updated to newest version, went to Shipyard & decided to build the French battleship Massena for a start how I had it back then. In custom battles chose 1895 year, chose that certain hull, went to guns tab & what do I see? Different turrets (especially they are oval not round) for main guns! How come? Why? And these 274mm gun side turrets don't even fit/rotate in their respective places! Where did those initial ones which were introduced with French hulls go? What happened?

I was right back then that there are 2 core issues with this game which will never go away & which always were making this game uncomfortable for me to play & why I gave up on it eventually:

1) Every new update of the game messes up all my earlier created designs that I need to fix them in order to have them all balanced AGAIN before playing.

2) Every new update brings up various new bugs which we all have to encounter & report to developers so they can fix them with new updates which usually brings to 1).

But still, why I can't recreate Massena now exactly how I had it half year ago? Should I never update the game & live in the past?

Edited by Captain Meow
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/8/2022 at 1:50 AM, Captain Meow said:

Hello again!

Remembered this game... Installed, updated to newest version, went to Shipyard & decided to build the French battleship Massena for a start how I had it back then. In custom battles chose 1895 year, chose that certain hull, went to guns tab & what do I see? Different turrets (especially they are oval not round) for main guns! How come? Why? And these 274mm gun side turrets don't even fit/rotate in their respective places! Where did those initial ones which were introduced with French hulls go? What happened?

I was right back then that there are 2 core issues with this game which will never go away & which always were making this game uncomfortable for me to play & why I gave up on it eventually:

1) Every new update of the game messes up all my earlier created designs that I need to fix them in order to have them all balanced AGAIN before playing.

2) Every new update brings up various new bugs which we all have to encounter & report to developers so they can fix them with new updates which usually brings to 1).

But still, why I can't recreate Massena now exactly how I had it half year ago? Should I never update the game & live in the past?

@Nick Thomadis

This certain problem with oval / not-fitting turrets for French BBs of mid 1890s STILL exists even a year after that post. Guess I need the old game version before the  developers broke down what they created in previous versions.

Btw, in the current game version I have this issue with permanent sky-blue horizontal bar across the screen at sea level at the horizon. Maybe my pc starts to struggle with handling this game as it becomes more complicated after each update?
Also, another issue is when I click to activate the smoke screen of my ship - visually nothing happens, no smoke around ship.
These never happened a year ago I tried this game.

It was possible to recreate French BB Massena after the update when French ironclad hulls arrived together with their towers/funnels & especially turrets. 

image.jpg

Then after some follow up updates the turrets became not round but oval & side turrets of the caliber I used now no longer fit/rotate in their respective places.

I don't want to look like whining about not being able to recreate a certain ship, but I hope developers will finally look into this issue & stop breaking what they created earlier.

Edited by Captain Meow

• Captain Meow changed the title to Wrong turrets for French BBs of mid-1890s
  • 2 weeks later...

as a fellow shill and slut for Tumblehome designs.... It is a genuine crime that as you get more advanced turrets... you are prevented from mounting them on Tumblehome ships... A large Pre-Dread that I can fit six double 12 inch (old) turrets? nice the turrets become more "advanced" the biggest gun I can add... are 9inchers... thats it.... WHY CAN WE NOT CHOOSE? Why do we not get a drop down menu to pick what turret male we have? We can do that with EVERY other system!! Older Armor? older engines? of course! Older guns? NIEN!!!

dont get me started on the "tsesarevic" coddled ship... The Front "mounts" have been janked since the very start and never fixed...
WHY can I easily fit double 5 and even 7 inch turrets o the back mounts... BUT I CANT EVEN FIT DOUBLE 4 INCHERS on the front mounts!!
WHY IS THIS AN ISSUE??

PLease why can't someone edit this poor stricken ship to be the PROUD tumblehome pre-dread it deserves to be! 

Don't forget that there's a secondary tower for the Tsesarevich hull which is similar to how it was on real ship, yet I can't use it unless going without the aft 2x2 152mm turrets!

Nk4g7Ua3tAAL.jpg?o=1

Because the little cabin which supports the Y-bridge was higher than those turrets on real ship, yet in game it's as low as possible.

Edited by Captain Meow