Game-Labs Forum

Please add a display for "effective armor" in the design screen.

Rucki

What I mean is, if you put lets say 345mm armor on your belt and then add the armor type to something like Krupp XYZ you get +65% armor, but then there is no display on the screen how much the effective armor after the 65% is. I mean yes, we could use a calculator or calculate ourselfes, but it would be nice to have that display directly in the designer.

Edited by Rucki
  • Like 14

• 4 weeks later...

If we are going to work on armor, honestly it should be lighter, Iron Hulled with wood ships had 20in of armor, Compound 18in, Harvey could go down to 9, yet try to build a 15kn battleship with 12in guns and 20in of iron armor, you can't

• Like 3

Alternatively, the game could display the correct amount of armor penetration on the guns, taking into account the armor's efficiency. So if you have armor that's 150% effective, guns only show 2/3 of their raw penetration values.

With the new update, I would LOVE to see something like warthunders armour viewer, and penetration simulator.

If you are not familiar, the armour viewer highlights the armour layout with different colours, and lets you see exactly where the armour is and isn't, as well as a calculator for effective armour from the cameras angle.
The penetration simulator allows you to select a cannon and range to fire at the target. The camera sets the angle.

With the ability to fine tune the armour layouts, we are going to need much more information to make these features useful. Either in the ship designer and/or some form of post battle analysis showing how your ship was/wasn't penetrated.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...