Game-Labs Forum

Victory Points are not making sense

Punisher_1

So the attached photo shows a lopsided battle I'm out classed and yet destroying ship significantly higher in tonnage and firepower the point reward is minimal. Not only that I eliminated 9 transports which held little value. 

When playing the campaign the Brits are only sinking transports and destroyers yet they are massing victory points. They are getting massive points for killing unarmed transports while I cannot see, find or target thiers.  I am decimating their warships and often kill of ships at a higher tonnage than mine. Yet I'm barley ahead on victory points and power projection is half. Simply I cannot make as many ships as the Brits but decimate them in every battle and I'm losing money. 

I'm sending thousands of Sailors and ships to the icy depths yet it make little difference.  

make little sense.png

Edited by Punisher_1

Transports currently count towards crew losses and if you achieve victory or not but they don’t give you victory points - they do however impact your enemy’s economy (or your economy if you’re the one losing them). I believe however that if you are being blockaded or blockading your enemy that does accrue victory points. This means you can have a war where you win every battle but still lose the war because you are starved out economically.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brothermunro said:

Transports currently count towards crew losses and if you achieve victory or not but they don’t give you victory points - they do however impact your enemy’s economy (or your economy if you’re the one losing them). I believe however that if you are being blockaded or blockading your enemy that does accrue victory points. This means you can have a war where you win every battle but still lose the war because you are starved out economically.

I'd like to see the transports in a battle count for victory points.  I had this scenario - two destroyers vs. 8 transports, 1 CL, 1 CA.  My destroyers absolutely wrecked the transports except for two that got away because the two cruisers intervened.  My destroyers ended up getting shot up, I managed heavy damage on the two cruisers with torps but couldn't finish either, and then the DD's went to the bottom, Neptune welcome them.

My point is, that battle was an absolute disaster for the enemy, two ships in repairs for months, a large loss of shipping and goods, and all they got was 2 destroyers, while I had a dozen more on the build in my shipyards.  At best the AI should have had a pyrrhic victory, given how much damage I inflicted, and I should have accrued more points due to the shipping sunk.

• Like 1

Here is another example.

6 DDs vs 1 CA

I simply got tired of chasing them killed four clearly a wi.... nope because the last two couldn ot be run down it was undecided. Last time I checked if you lost four out of six ships that would be a loss let alone 808 souls 

1887573780_WINNINGBUTNOT.thumb.png.007204eccd568808f5450b30babd3465.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Littorio said:

Per the beta notes: "VP gained from sinking Transports is now properly shown in the Battle result window. Previously these points were shown only in the strategy map report and it was not clear their effect after a battle.WIP."

Ah, good.  Took a break from UAD, was playing the new content just released in another game.  I do like the pace of improvements.  Still some major stuff to iron the kinks out of, but it's coming along.

54 minutes ago, UnleashtheKraken said:

Ah, good.  Took a break from UAD, was playing the new content just released in another game.  I do like the pace of improvements.  Still some major stuff to iron the kinks out of, but it's coming along.

UBOAT by any chance?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Littorio said:

UBOAT by any chance?

I've thought about that but haven't purchased.  No, Hardspace Shipbreaker.  I like the puzzle of tearing down ships, the movement, the atmosphere.  Also that soundtrack.

I play a wide variety of games.  Path of Exile, War Blunder, They are Billions, KSP (SO looking forward to KSP2), Satisfactory...I still play Napoleon Total War with the last version of Darthmod sometimes.  Sometimes I want to chill and just build neat stuff, and sometimes I want WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARR.  I'm happy with UAD so far, in terms of seeing the progress made.  I still want a lot more improvement and variety, within the limits of 'floaty things with shooty bits'.

I think my deepest hope for UAD is a lot of freedom to mod the game, in the end.  players these days seem to just extend a game tremendously.  I used to never use mods, but now i think of the base game as a platform for others to build upon.  A dev team of hundreds (including a lot of enthusiastic fans) even for small indie projects can make projects from good to great.

On 12/24/2021 at 12:28 PM, Littorio said:

Per the beta notes: "VP gained from sinking Transports is now properly shown in the Battle result window. Previously these points were shown only in the strategy map report and it was not clear their effect after a battle.WIP."

Does not work.

I just spent an hour in game and destroyed about 70 enemy transports. 100% complete mission no points awarded...... Only time point were awarded was when I killed warships. At the end of the game it said I only killed two AI transports? 

All the while my trans ports vanish without a fight? and the AI makes points?  

The game is broken.  

13 hours ago, Punisher_1 said:

Does not work.

I just spent an hour in game and destroyed about 70 enemy transports. 100% complete mission no points awarded...... Only time point were awarded was when I killed warships. At the end of the game it said I only killed two AI transports? 

All the while my trans ports vanish without a fight? and the AI makes points?  

The game is broken.  

This was also in the beta patch a few days ago. It may be updated by now.

Known critical issues

• The Victory Point calculations are very buggy in battles that include TR. Especially when you sink TR in combat they can cause extreme victory points count and cause the end of a campaign.

While this was originally a thread about transport VP, here's an interesting result I got from a battle.

image.png.f6b97ce16030339e1d8f329b519aff1f.png

As you can see, they've lost more crew, an equal number of ships, and are almost 300 VP behind. Yet the game decides this is a defeat? This should be a victory, if not at least a draw.