Game-Labs Forum

Where are the magazines?

GeneralVikus

Hey guys,

My understanding is that when a turret is placed on top of a compartment, the magazine is located in the compartment under the turret. If the turret overlaps several compartments, is the magazine located in both,  or only in one? If only one, would it be the compartment which the turret overlaps most? I don't know if anyone has looked into this, but it seems like an important question; if, for example, the edge of the turret just barely crosses over into the forward armor zone, is it necessary to provide the entire front section of the ship sufficient armor to protect the magazine? Furthermore, does having a turret overlap compartments double the chance of a magazine detonation? 

• Like 3

Pretty sure I just saw a flash fire that destroyed the forward turret on my CA where the event in the log immediately preceding it was a penetration of the forward belt by a 2-inch gun (from a ship that was roughly perpendicular to my ship).  It's possible that the flash fire was from a spreading fire, but the log does not distinguish that as the cause of the flash fire (e.g. noting fire spread to a magazine or turret).  The forward turret was located completely within the main belt "box" region. 

Edited by akd

Ive seen pen hits that have knocked out two wing turrets at the same time.

its hilarious to watch the turrets pop off due to flash fires like jumping beans. I also think flash fires do not do enough damage, multiple times ive seen multiple flash fires not sink a ship on either side. When in reality one magazine going off would sink a ship, Look at hood as a prime example.

Edited by Danelin Aruna

4 hours ago, Danelin Aruna said:

Ive seen pen hits that have knocked out two wing turrets at the same time.

its hilarious to watch the turrets pop off due to flash fires like jumping beans. I also think flash fires do not do enough damage, multiple times ive seen multiple flash fires not sink a ship on either side. When in reality one magazine going off would sink a ship, Look at hood as a prime example.

2645 dmg from a detonation in the forward main magazine. The column of fire was tremendous. I thought for sure the ship would crack in two. Instead it just kind of wallows and floods a little with some paltry scorch marks. In reality it would look like a reverse Hood with the bow blown off. It took me another 30 mins to putt around and sink this guy:

20211221180031_1.thumb.jpg.fd995ec94fece7b9f7ab099b4ea9948c.jpg20211221180254_1.thumb.jpg.47658c414ff0a0ff903c4cf2e937b3cc.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Littorio said:

2645 dmg from a detonation in the forward main magazine. The column of fire was tremendous. I thought for sure the ship would crack in two. Instead it just kind of wallows and floods a little with some paltry scorch marks. In reality it would look like a reverse Hood with the bow blown off. It took me another 30 mins to putt around and sink this guy:

20211221180031_1.thumb.jpg.fd995ec94fece7b9f7ab099b4ea9948c.jpg20211221180254_1.thumb.jpg.47658c414ff0a0ff903c4cf2e937b3cc.jpg

I think flooding needs a major rework, I mean you don't see ships list and turn over like happens in real life when taking mass damage on one side. Also why does the flooding stop at the first block, if you blow the bow wide open the ship is going to dip and flood more then the lower deck. I don't understand why it works the way it is, on top of pumps being way to effective.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Danelin Aruna said:

I think flooding needs a major rework, I mean you don't see ships list and turn over like happens in real life when taking mass damage on one side. Also why does the flooding stop at the first block, if you blow the bow wide open the ship is going to dip and flood more then the lower deck. I don't understand why it works the way it is, on top of pumps being way to effective.

Supposedly they already worked on flooding a little from the first iteration of the campaign. So far I haven't seen a huge difference but I'll keep playing and see...

• Like 1

Yeah, I never see a ship capsize from flooding, they just seem to stop and either submerge like a submarine or go down by the bow/stern.  Additionally, I really, REALLY want listing to affect gunnery, as in a ship that is 10 degrees over on one side SHOULD NOT be shooting a target close in on the side that's higher up.  The weapons are pointing at the sky, and no ship I know of had 10 degrees of gun depression unless MAYBE it was an anti-air/close defense mount.  I'd be very happy to know that's going to be fixed at some point, for a 'realistic' naval sim.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UnleashtheKraken said:

Yeah, I never see a ship capsize from flooding, they just seem to stop and either submerge like a submarine or go down by the bow/stern.  Additionally, I really, REALLY want listing to affect gunnery, as in a ship that is 10 degrees over on one side SHOULD NOT be shooting a target close in on the side that's higher up.  The weapons are pointing at the sky, and no ship I know of had 10 degrees of gun depression unless MAYBE it was an anti-air/close defense mount.  I'd be very happy to know that's going to be fixed at some point, for a 'realistic' naval sim.

Agreed. Often times i think I am safe on a side because of their list, but somehow their guns still magically fire.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2021 at 12:04 PM, Danelin Aruna said:

One issue, ships don't HAVE 'sides' in this game. As far as the damage model is concerned a hit to the right is a hit to the left.

• Like 1