Game-Labs Forum

**** is still too broken to play

Punisher_1

I'm simply seeing too many imbalances, bug, issues  in the game. 

I have my research at 100% the bonuses set and well that seems to mean nothing I'm seeing the AI advance in tech and larger ships yet I cannot get the most simple tech implemented. I'm hours into the game and this is boring AF.  Expanding ports it super slow and silly Two years to advance to a substandard 2000 tonnes somehow the AI does it faster every time. 

I cannot see my own transport paths to protect them

I cannot assign ships to protect those routes

I cannot see the ranges said ship can patrol

I cannot set patrol or manage patrols to fend off the enemy. 

AI or ship control is really trash. I finally get a decent sized fleet together and well they just do whatever they want and usually nothing at all. Some ships turn off user control go into an AI mode and flee battle or turn out of a torpedo run. Totally breaking the tactics I sent them to conduct not to mention just running into other friendly ships for no reason at all. In one mission I had to listen to my trans ports grind on each other for several minutes. 

Something is wrong here, each ship needs to be given the ability to follow a predetermined course that the user plots and the ability of the player to seize control of said ship. For some reason I cannot do this and the AI does not allow user control or well, I have to fight for it.

Simply it is not enjoyable or fun and well maybe two years from now it might be better.  

11 hours ago, Punisher_1 said:

I'm simply seeing too many imbalances, bug, issues  in the game. 

I have my research at 100% the bonuses set and well that seems to mean nothing I'm seeing the AI advance in tech and larger ships yet I cannot get the most simple tech implemented. I'm hours into the game and this is boring AF.  Expanding ports it super slow and silly Two years to advance to a substandard 2000 tonnes somehow the AI does it faster every time. 

I cannot see my own transport paths to protect them

I cannot assign ships to protect those routes

I cannot see the ranges said ship can patrol

I cannot set patrol or manage patrols to fend off the enemy. 

AI or ship control is really trash. I finally get a decent sized fleet together and well they just do whatever they want and usually nothing at all. Some ships turn off user control go into an AI mode and flee battle or turn out of a torpedo run. Totally breaking the tactics I sent them to conduct not to mention just running into other friendly ships for no reason at all. In one mission I had to listen to my trans ports grind on each other for several minutes. 

Something is wrong here, each ship needs to be given the ability to follow a predetermined course that the user plots and the ability of the player to seize control of said ship. For some reason I cannot do this and the AI does not allow user control or well, I have to fight for it.

Simply it is not enjoyable or fun and well maybe two years from now it might be better.  

In order to build larger ships you need to invest in your port size capacity. I think you start around 8-9,000 tons. Only by adding to that can you construct vessels of larger displacement. I agree though that research is a bit opaque at the moment and needs transparency. The UI could be cleaned up. I must say though, I don't see the AI surpassing me in tech in my games. Perhaps you just need to do enough damage to them economically to make them lower the funding for research.

There are no transport paths as of yet unless there are invisible ones under a layer that they have not revealed.. I would assume that now they operate more on a pool basis where dicerolls determine how many, if any TRs from your overall national pool are sunk each turn in a given sea region. Which by the way is something else that needs explaining - borders for sea regions! The UI needs to show this more clearly.

Range isn't visually modeled yet if it ever will be. Just go by the range numbers for each class of your ship, do the math, and try to eyeball it.

Again, patrolling is determined - as far as I can tell anyway - by range, whether your given ship is set to in being or at sea, and the corresponding toggles on enemy forces.

At this point, I advise you manually control most ships. At most, I will form a couple different battle lines, but the rest I maneuver independently. Having one line but everyone else on screen/scout/follow is just a recipe for disaster right now because of AI bugs regarding collision evasion. The result is stalled ships.

Edited by Littorio
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Littorio said:

In order to build larger ships you need to invest in your port size capacity. I think you start around 8-9,000 tons. Only by adding to that can you construct vessels of larger displacement. I agree though that research is a bit opaque at the moment and needs transparency. The UI could be cleaned up. I must say though, I don't see the AI surpassing me in tech in my games. Perhaps you just need to do enough damage to them economically to make them lower the funding for research.

There are no transport paths as of yet unless there are invisible ones under a layer that they have not revealed.. I would assume that now they operate more on a pool basis where dicerolls determine how many, if any TRs from your overall national pool are sunk each turn in a given sea region. Which by the way is something else that needs explaining - borders for sea regions! The UI needs to show this more clearly.

Range isn't visually modeled yet if it ever will be. Just go by the range numbers for each class of your ship, do the math, and try to eyeball it.

Again, patrolling is determined - as far as I can tell anyway - by range, whether your given ship is set to in being or at sea, and the corresponding toggles on enemy forces.

At this point, I advise you manually control most ships. At most, I will form a couple different battle lines, but the rest I maneuver independently. Having one line but everyone else on screen/scout/follow is just a recipe for disaster right now because of AI bugs regarding collision evasion. The result is stalled ships.

I knew about the port upgrades and just finished a campaign with a 16,000 ton capacity but by that time the UK was failing.

Simply I found the research rather boring with 100% funding it 12 years to get even a few options and by the time new hulls were available you could not outfit them, due to weight limitations. Simply minor upgrades and lack luster improvements. You could win this by ensuring your transports are replaced flooding the sea with cheap ships and expanding your harbor modestly. The UK AI made many more advancements but simply the torpedo run on a ship was devastating. sinking the majority of the UK fleet.

The game needs a user controlled ability to launch a attack on a port or specific atrols and the like. This highly automated game mechanic simply is too hands off and simplistic. I kinda feel the game is dumbed down. It needs to be more hands on with plotting routes, patrols, raids, attacks ect.....

Also I seen no option to capture ships which would and should be a thing. 

37 minutes ago, Punisher_1 said:

I knew about the port upgrades and just finished a campaign with a 16,000 ton capacity but by that time the UK was failing.

Simply I found the research rather boring with 100% funding it 12 years to get even a few options and by the time new hulls were available you could not outfit them, due to weight limitations. Simply minor upgrades and lack luster improvements. You could win this by ensuring your transports are replaced flooding the sea with cheap ships and expanding your harbor modestly. The UK AI made many more advancements but simply the torpedo run on a ship was devastating. sinking the majority of the UK fleet.

The game needs a user controlled ability to launch a attack on a port or specific atrols and the like. This highly automated game mechanic simply is too hands off and simplistic. I kinda feel the game is dumbed down. It needs to be more hands on with plotting routes, patrols, raids, attacks ect.....

Also I seen no option to capture ships which would and should be a thing. 

They have said multiple times that moving ships is a thing and is coming. This is literally V1 of the campaign, so i wouldn't be concerned about routes and patrols and whatnot. Capturing ships...not very likely. It was practically unheard of for a ship to be captured on the high seas past the age of sail. In the time of dreadnoughts, any vessel remotely at risk of capture by the enemy would be deliberately scuttled by it's crew. Now, war prizes after a conflict, that's a different story.

• Like 2

Yup, completely agree. Try to plan attack with 5TB against 2 CLs. Well look at that, three of my TBs are headed in the opposite direction 3km away from where I told them to go. I wish I could fire on my own ships, as I am getting REALLY hello kittyING TIRED OF NOT HAVING MY ORDERS FOLLOWED. It puzzles me why someone would make a game for someone else to play yet in the game there isn't any control of what is supposed to be played. For all the planning that has gone into the game has anyone thought that maybe the simple idea of having the ships follow orders would be important. Pure frustration this game is, I am amazed that the simple idea of controlling your ships would be so hard. In real life, if I were the captain and I said full right rudder, and some idiot didn't do full right rudder, I would either shoot them on the spot or throw them overboard. Simply having the boats follow directions would be a start......

• Like 1