Game-Labs Forum

Map innaccuracies

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, SiWi said:

the only thing I can think of that the canal between Nord and baltic sea doesn't seem to exist in game.

Yes, come to think of it. Where the hell is the Kiel Canal? That was of prime importance for the German Navy precisely because ships didn't have to sail all the way around Denmark.

2 hours ago, Littorio said:

Yes, come to think of it. Where the hell is the Kiel Canal? That was of prime importance for the German Navy precisely because ships didn't have to sail all the way around Denmark.

which btw touches on something I wonder:

how will the game handle the different straits in the world? I mean in theory Denmark should be able to shout the Baltic sea close, unless you have like Germany the canal. 

I mean take Russia for example: will it be able to sends its black sea fleet somewhere else or does it have to conquer the Osman empire first...

3 hours ago, SiWi said:

which btw touches on something I wonder:

how will the game handle the different straits in the world? I mean in theory Denmark should be able to shout the Baltic sea close, unless you have like Germany the canal. 

I mean take Russia for example: will it be able to sends its black sea fleet somewhere else or does it have to conquer the Osman empire first...

Yes, a good point about the Ottomans...I don't think they are even going to be included right now. Regardless, there is no way British ships should be operating in the Baltic unless they have overwhelming superiority. The Germans should be able to hold the Danish Belts against them.