Game-Labs Forum

Admiral/Naval designer crash course w. uncle Drach

Draco

Figured a lot of players and forumites on here would appreciate some of the more advanced physics mechanics of the game being explained in an easily accessible format, one that is maybe also a bit more user friendly than some of the graph-heavy content on navweaps and other more scientifically inclined web sources, so I've compiled some of Drachinifel's more illuminating and easy to understand content, to give everyone who feel they struggle with understanding the more hyper-realistic finesses of the game a good place to start.

Hope Y'all enjoy :)

Rangefinding & fire-control:

Various armour types:

Naval logistics (not that relevant as of core patch 0.5, but almost certainly will be once campaign comes out):

How to build a navy in general:

How to build dreadnoughts in particular:

Finally some tactical examples of warships in combat, let's call these the "how to use, or not to use, the fleets that you've built, in combat" section:

Battle of Jutland (WWI era dreadnoughts and support vessels in action):

Guadaulcanal campaign (WWII era dreadnoughts and support vessels in action):

If I've forgotten anything essential do let me know and I'll try to find resources for it.

Edited by Draco
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Draco said:

Figured a lot of players and forumites on here would appreciate some of the more advanced physics mechanics of the game being explained in an easily accessible format, one that is maybe also a bit more user friendly than some of the graph-heavy content on navweaps and other more scientifically inclined web sources, so I've compiled some of Drachinifel's more illuminating and easy to understand content, to give everyone who feel they struggle with understanding the more hyper-realistic finesses of the game a good place to start.

Hope Y'all enjoy :)

Rangefinding & fire-control:

Various armour types:

Naval logistics (not that relevant as of core patch 0.5, but almost certainly will be once campaign comes out):

How to build a navy in general:

How to build dreadnoughts in particular:

Finally some tactical examples of warships in combat, let's call these the "how to use, or not to use, the fleets that you've built, in combat" section:

Battle of Jutland (WWI era dreadnoughts and support vessels in action):

Guadaulcanal campaign (WWII era dreadnoughts and support vessels in action):

If I've forgotten anything essential do let me know and I'll try to find resources for it.

HEY! HEY! Who gave you the right to bring out my afternoon video quota? But all seriousness if you want some good naval videos this dude is your guy.

• Like 1