Game-Labs Forum

Rules Section To Stop "I didn't know this was against rules"

Hi guys, I hear that some guys are kill sharing (stat padding the easy way) in this game and while I clearly read somewhere that this is cheating, I think the developers would do well to put a GAME RULES-READ section between the Suggestions and General Chat (not that we didn't have rules in the first place). 

Oh and one other thing, while the actions of the developers are harsher then most (at last, most dev's are spineless, look at the BF and COD botfests and kill sharing), retorting as if your opinion is greater then theirs is only going to make them angry. They likely don't speak English as their native language and I think guilty until innocent isn't a bad idea in this situation (e.g. AFK ships should have to explain why they disconnected).

If you guys had just said, "I am sorry, I did not see the post where this was said to be an offense to sit and allow people to do damage. Please don't wipe my account!" I am 99% sure they would have understood and retracted or lowered the stat wipe (if not the devs would look really bad), while I wasn't around and don't understand the full situation WE ALL DO KNOW that this is about testing ship balance and doing things to make small ships kill bigger ships will result in the devs thinking that small ships are OP and nerfing them (very good idea? not?).

AFK tanks ruin WoT and can result in a ban, but I didn't see the rule about afk tanks shown anywhere in the game and the forum until I actually looked for it. If you go to Finland (for example) and commit murder, are you innocent because you didn't read the law of the land... pfft.

I realize that they players were not trying to break the testing, but the holier then thou attitude needs to be removed from any side of the argument (I am not white knighting the devs they where pretty harsh, but as devs they can be). This generation of self-entitlement needs to have a major wake-up call, maybe WW3 so that they can start realizing that we are all creatures like dogs, cows (mmm tasty beef) and cats with a few extra brain cells and not untouchable angels or demi-g'ds.

I may get flak for saying all this but it is true and I stand by it, it is almost as if the human race is in Devolution (just look at ISIS). 

• Like 1

One problem with a set of rules is that you can start to get 'rules lawyers' who tie up devs time and the guys who find something not listed in the rules and do it until discovered.

Hence I propose 'Rule Zero' - which actually makes 90% of other possible rules just guidance and clarification.

0.1 Do not do anything that would:

a. Defeat the aim of the testing.
b. Spoil the enjoyment of a reasonable player.

0.2 In your dealings with players and staff, including such things as choice of avatar and nickname, you should should comport yourself in a reasonable and Gentlemanly manner.

0.3 Bad behaviour or contravention of these rules on the part of another party does not exempt you from these rules.

0.4 If you are in any doubt whether something contravenes clause 0.1 to 0.3 you are obliged to seek guidance on the forums.

• Like 1