Game-Labs Forum

Chapter End on Ultimate Admiral Age of Sale.

Kacee

A great game if one's into Napoleonic era Sea campaigns as I am.

Question, after completing as the British RN at the conclusion of Battle of Trafalgar in 1805, the Chapter ended. 

The Napoleonic War didnt finish until 1815 can anyone advise me if theres a continuation after Trafalgar in the game ?

There were no big naval battles after Trafalgar.. most actions were just blockade actions.. (either forcing blockade, or trying to break it). but French fleet was rebuilding, while Napoleon did not put major importance on fleet and rather focused on his army, which was best what he could do as there was just no chance to challenge British in open battle..

From everything I know and of what I read this game is complete as of the three campaigns and other stuff so no new battles will be added and it will be published pretty soon if no critical problems occur so they are on a sprint run to finish so don't expect any major changes will happen to this already great game. We can hope they might want to make a little extra money if somehow they could make some new DLC content later on but some of also mentioned they would have to add new ships, guns and other stuff so that might not be likely and hard to do and take a lot of time so in the end we can always hope it might happen, right? Other company's like Rome II and Battle of Empires 1914-1918 made DLC campaigns that sold pretty good so if they could do it so can you.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2021 at 1:20 AM, JaM said:

There were no big naval battles after Trafalgar.. most actions were just blockade actions.. (either forcing blockade, or trying to break it). but French fleet was rebuilding, while Napoleon did not put major importance on fleet and rather focused on his army, which was best what he could do as there was just no chance to challenge British in open battle..

Point taken, but there were still Naval ship to ship encounters and Blockade runners to be hunted down, I think the game should be continued through to the 1812 War with America and through to cessation of Napoeonic war in 1815; then ongoing suppresion of Pirate activity in Asia and Africa.  

Additionally some "What if" scenarios,  What if some French Ships refused to surrender and went rogue;  What if a rogue French ship engaged the  HMS Northumberland carrying Napoleon to St Helena exile and more such scenarios. 

IMO UA Age of Sail is a great game that could be both enhanced and expanded over time, here's hoping the development team intend to do so. I'm happy to pay for additional scenarios reasonably priced. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JaM said:

True, but considering how big fleet you end up having by Trafalgar, it would be kinda strange having frigate actions with 1-rates present...

Yes a new campaign for France or Spain would make more sense imo.

Or something like a dlc ship pack, adding more variation to the game for those willing to pay a bit more.

Most of all, I think, the game would profit from a scenario and map editor dlc! 😊

• 2 months later...

I think the campaign ends in 1805 because that's when Nelson ended.  Actually there were some interesting battles after 1805 though mostly single ship or squadron encounters.  The game could continue into the 1812 war and that would be welcome.

• 1 year later...