Game-Labs Forum

Occurrence of ship types

Navalus Magnus

@sterner

1. Dear devs, imo you do a great job with this game, thank you!

2. While playing the British campaign (medium, no adaption) I noticed the following oddity, which could be fixed by you fairly easy to make the game a bit better I think:

74‘s are quite a rare encounter, although they were the workorse of the SOL fleets back in the days.

Instead I encountered lots of second rates and first rates, which were rather few back then.

For example: In „The battle of Cape St. Vincent“ I encountered 3 1st rates, 5 2nd rates, no 74‘s and 2 64‘s plus a couple of frigates.

Could you change that for the sake of immersion please!?

Edited by Navalus Magnus
  • Like 1

To St. Vincent I brought 2 second rates, 2 74‘s (I was hard pressed, to get these two out of the missions before, because there were few. In fact there was only one more 74 which I burned at Fireworks.) and 3 frigates, ... at the battle though I was reinforced by 1 first rate, 1 second rate, 2 74‘s and 1 64.

To the battle of the Nile I brought 1 first rate, 2 second rates, 2 74‘s and 3 frigates.

Given these fleet lineups the enemy would have been well equipped imo with a force of let’s say ...

- at St. Vincent: 2 first rates, 4 second rates, at least 4 74‘s and maybe 1 64 in exchange for (a) frigate(s)

- at the battle of the Nile: 1 first  rate, 3 second rates and 4 (to 5) 74‘s (in exchange for a frigate)

British Navy in 1805 had in total 7x 1-rate ships of the line with 100+guns, 15x 2-rates with 90-98guns, 90x 3-rates with 64-80guns (huge majority of those were 74gun SoLs)

At the same time, French Navy in 1805 had 3x 118gun SoL, 2x 110gun SoL,3x 80gun SoL, 25x 74gun SoL and 8x 54-64gun SoL. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JaM said:

British Navy in 1805 had in total 7x 1-rate ships of the line with 100+guns, 15x 2-rates with 90-98guns, 90x 3-rates with 64-80guns (huge majority of those were 74gun SoLs)

At the same time, French Navy in 1805 had 3x 118gun SoL, 2x 110gun SoL,3x 80gun SoL, 25x 74gun SoL and 8x 54-64gun SoL. 

Well, from what you just listed that could be a small part of a good reason for the DEV's once this game will be soon published that they should consider to make a French and or Spanish mini or major length campaign as DLC. I know, if they made them, I would buy them, no matter the price.