Game-Labs Forum

Rudder Indicator

Antean

Dreadnoughts desperately needs a proper rudder indicator - The present short bar that cannot reliably even show 'forward rudder' is atrocious.

I really cannot believe one of the Developers cannot & has not already designed a 'proper rudder indicator'.

10 hours ago, Antean said:

Dreadnoughts desperately needs a proper rudder indicator - The present short bar that cannot reliably even show 'forward rudder' is atrocious.

I really cannot believe one of the Developers cannot & has not already designed a 'proper rudder indicator'.

What is "forward rudder"? You mean rudder amidships? If so I agree it could be better displayed. 

Frankly the game needs the means to input COURSE and SPEED for a ship, a formation, or an entire fleet, and everything subject to the order DOES THAT i.e. comes to that heading and speed. If you attempt to issue such an order and the speed exceeds the maximum of a ship included in the order, it does NOT accept it and gives you a "ordered speed greater than maximum of 'xyz' ship/ships".

Again it's one of those irritating absurdities where we KNOW how navies did things yet the game for some inexplicable reason comes up with something entirely different from how things were done. Worse still, the game's version is nowhere near as good as the simple reality of giving a course/speed order.