Game-Labs Forum

Ongoing deceleration

Aceituna

During last two days I played quite a few battles where I practiced torpedo boat design and it's tactics. During that I encountered interesting bug (at least I think it's a bug). When I finish sharp turn (with manually controlled rudder on 35) the ship continues to decelerate. And I don't talk about those few seconds before the ship starts to sail in the straight line again. I talk about in-game minutes when ship goes from almost it's full speed even under half of it (no need to talk about how vulnerable this un-armored vessel becomes during this). Sometimes it can be solved by changing speed to stop and then again to max but this doesn't always work. Sometimes the ship is just slowing down until it ,,decides'' to speed up again.

This issue occured in about 2/3 of all battles I played during last few days. I never seen this before.

Edited by Aceituna

On 9/26/2020 at 2:32 PM, Aceituna said:

During last two days I played quite a few battles where I practiced torpedo boat design and it's tactics. During that I encountered interesting bug (at least I think it's a bug). When I finish sharp turn (with manually controlled rudder on 35) the ship continues to decelerate. And I don't talk about those few seconds before the ship starts to sail in the straight line again. I talk about in-game minutes when ship goes from almost it's full speed even under half of it (no need to talk about how vulnerable this un-armored vessel becomes during this). Sometimes it can be solved by changing speed to stop and then again to max but this doesn't always work. Sometimes the ship is just slowing down until it ,,decides'' to speed up again.

This issue occured in about 2/3 of all battles I played during last few days. I never seen this before.

Greetings Admiral.

The problem was not reproduced. If you find a reproduce please send in-game report through CTRL+J and describe in details the problem.

• Like 1

@Aceituna Just a thought, but were you close to an enemy when this occurred? I've noticed there is a bug where the speed is limited automatically when the collision evasion logic is triggered, even if your ship is under manual helm control.

With the latest update that seems to have hugely increased the radius of collision detection, the problem is much more noticeable.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/29/2020 at 2:14 PM, SonicB said:

@Aceituna Just a thought, but were you close to an enemy when this occurred? I've noticed there is a bug where the speed is limited automatically when the collision evasion logic is triggered, even if your ship is under manual helm control.

With the latest update that seems to have hugely increased the radius of collision detection, the problem is much more noticeable.

You were right. I think that I finally found a reproduce today. It has nothing to do with the manual rudder control which I thought is the case. As you said it occurs when I get too close to the enemy ship (0,1 - 0,3 km). The problem miraculously disappears when I get further than 0,3 km from the enemy.

P.S. The requested in-game report was send.

Edited by Aceituna
  • Like 1