Game-Labs Forum

Texture modding and ship appearances

SonicB

Question for the devs: I've seen a texture mod already in the screenshots folder, and I'm guessing a lot of people (myself included) are going to be interested in modding the game textures to add new ship skins, such as WW1/WW2 camouflage (blending, deception, dazzle etc) or the glorious white/tan/black paint schemes of the Victorian era. I realise at present this involves extracting and reworking original game assets, so I would like to ask three things:

1) out of respect for your work, I'd like to know if you are supportive of amateur modders reworking and adding content to the game at this stage, or would you rather it wasn't discussed on here? If so, will this change once the game has launched?

2) do you have any plans to unlock the textures, allow an 'override' folder, include Steam Workshop integration, or otherwise make modding easier once the game has launched?

3) do you have any plans to add ship skins of your own, either as cosmetic options, or as technologies with actual bonuses vs ship signature, identification, and targeting/aiming speed?

• Like 7