Game-Labs Forum

Naval Action Esports

How would tournaments work with different time zones?  Apparently in the closed testing phase there was difficulty doing this when there were just a few players because of the time difference between the US and Russia/Eastern Europe.

Also, there is a NA Steam group for tournaments if anyone didn't know.  But it hasn't done anything since I've joined.

e-sports games grow - they are not created artificially. If Naval action e-sport movement will start growing and will become big we will support it and will help it. Current priorities are actually to make the game first and release early access (at least)

lets come back to this discussion at a later stage. 

We will keep the discussion open to hear ideas and suggestions that could make group combat interesting to be exciting to watch and interesting to play. 

• Like 3

First of all thx admin for the reply.Also I am personally a huge fan of competitive gaming but I also have a job, a girlfriend, all thought she is a gamer we do like to not sit in front of our computers all the time, so my time is limited. Hence despite beeing a fan of competitive gaming i have no aspirations of pro-gaming.

There is a big difference between a pro-league and e-sports as in competitive gaming. A lot of the things like sponsors, money and all that is only needed if there is a pro-league. e-sport does not have to equal having a pro league. Think about it like futball. If you play fotball at a low level where you do not earn any money it is still sports. You are simply not doing it professionally.

Take League of legends as an example. Millions of players play it as an e-sport competitivly. But the vast majority of them spend money on skins etc and only a handfull play in the pro-league earning money.

If you call it e-sport or competitive gaming doesn t really matter. The big difference comes between having a pro-league or not. Now that said I fully understand that the dev s priorities are not att all at forming a pro-league and has they also pointed out that is not created artificually.

The reason the steam group havnt had any activity is I guess because without the possiblility of pre-made teams it is not possible to play competitivly. at this stage talking about pros and cons with all that comes with a pro league sisnt in my mind at least very rellevant. 

However what is relevant is to discuss how we can make it possible for players that like to do so to play competitive matchups. To make it possible for the Royal fleet of England to Duke it out against the Mighty Pirates of Ozz because that is the first stage.

If there is enough intrest the rest will come in time....

e-sports games grow - they are not created artificially. If Naval action e-sport movement will start growing and will become big we will support it and will help it. Current priorities are actually to make the game first and release early access (at least)

lets come back to this discussion at a later stage. 

We will keep the discussion open to hear ideas and suggestions that could make group combat interesting to be exciting to watch and interesting to play. 

Thank you! This is the perfect response. I wish companies would stop talking about e-sports before their game is finished. It's completely backwards.

A game will become an e-sport if the core gameplay is solid and the community is strong. Any discussion about e-sports before you have a solid game is premature, and I've seen it lead devs to make poor choices. At best it is an unnecessary distraction.

Sorry if that's too blunt.

Thank you! This is the perfect response. I wish companies would stop talking about e-sports before their game is finished. It's completely backwards.

A game will become an e-sport if the core gameplay is solid and the community is strong. Any discussion about e-sports before you have a solid game is premature, and I've seen it lead devs to make poor choices. At best it is an unnecessary distraction.

Sorry if that's too blunt.

no dude it aint too blunt.. basically we as a community can do things before the devs decided what they can do to help us.. when it happens isnt important right now .. its gaining interest and seeing what as a community we can do to get things started,