Game-Labs Forum

Superstructure rangefinders don't rotate with the main guns

TsAGI

I noticed the rangefinders on the superstructures don't rotate with the bearing of the turrets. I guess this is not gonna be an easy fix because the devs have to change the models of every single superstructure but is there a chance this will be updated some time in the future? (for historical accuracy)

• Like 2

They shouldn't need to touch the models if they have the superstructures in modular parts (so split into multiple pieces even more so than now), either way all they have to do is make an animation for one of each existing rangefinder model and then apply that one animation to it and any child rangefinder will recieve the same animation and code of it.

I would say its realistic rather historical accuracy, but yeah this can be updated at anypoint. again im not sure how they made their models and if they are in smaller pieces for any further changes to precise parts (they could select by element and do it that way, not sure how that works in AutoCAD or what else they use for animation and 3d modelling).

12 hours ago, Shaftoe said:

Devs are aware of that. And many of us, faithful backers, hope that in the near future it will be addressed. 

I hope so. Though this should be very low priority. Hope it gets in, if not I wouldn't cry out it.