Game-Labs Forum

RAM crashes

Joegrag

Next to the gpu driver crashes i also have RAM crashes.

While playing i get a black screen and.. you probably know what happens when your ram doesn t work properly.

I ve tested several games and i only get the gpu driver and ram crashes while playing naval action.

i ve tried to higher my voltage lower or higher timings and clock of the ram - which all hadn t any effect because it seems to be the problem of the game.

So my question is if anyone else got these problems too and if there is a way to fix it ?

i do have the cricial ballistix low profile ram on a gigabyte z97 mobo

ps: it s kind of annoying to restart the client and the pc multiple times due one match 

thanks for help answer and efforts.

Also does your rig meet the requirements to run the game?

I think so, i have an i7 4770k a gtx 680 4gb and 8gb of ram

This is the first I've heard of that particular problem on the forums.  Have you tried troubleshooting your GPU crashes?  An older driverset might be the ticket there - if I try to go to anything newer than two year old drivers on my machine, I get black screens of death constantly.

Yes i ve tested several drivers , the newest and some older ones

you probably know what happens when your ram doesn t work properly.

Well If your RAM has a malfunction you will not be able to even start your computer. I just exerienced that very problem 3 weeks ago.

I highly doubt your RAM is defect but run the memtest to be sure.

i ve tried to higher my voltage lower or higher timings and clock of the ram - which all hadn t any effect because it seems to be the problem of the game.

NEVER ECER turn the voltage of your RAM modules up. Unless you can properly cool it down (WATER!). It kills the mem faster than anything else. Timings does not matter to programms. They are quite a few abstract layes bejond the RAM usage. Optimal timing can reduce your latency and give you more speeds on the mem but that can not be the problem of your game crashing.

You may reinstall the game (old Microsoft wisdom hehe).

Also make sure your GPU's fans are spinning as they should. A friend of mine was wondering why his screen went black every now and then and it turned out.. his fans did not spin up..