Game-Labs Forum

Some suggestions of custom battle

Lailaps

I apologize for my poor English in advance. It isn't my native language

I wish I could design ship for enemy in custom battle. It would be helpful when I try to reproduce some classic battle (such as The Battle of Surigao Strait, The Battle of Savo Island,etc). And the way to achieve that looks simple: Just allow players to save the designs of ship and allow us to select those designs in the interface of selecting the types of ships. I think this feature can be used in design multiple types of ship of player's fleet.

What‘s more, allow player dividing their fleet into vanguard fleet and main fleet and letting those fleet born in different place maybe a good idea. We can use vangurad fleet to search enemy, destroy enemy vangurad fleet and prevent enemy’s main fleet runaway until our main fleet reached.It may make player's tactics more similar to tactics in history.

(I hope that there aren't too many grammar mistakes XD) 

• Like 1

More suggestions:

-mark 5 203mm guns (currently 4 mark max, when 229's and 7 inch are mark 5 which I think is stupid, you literary have a gap between light battleship guns and heaviest light cruiser guns)

-mark 4 460, 17 inch and 406 guns

-all ships designable, currently you have to chose between hull of battleship or destroyer or light cruiser etc. it would be nice to design your whole fleet

-More Semi-Dreadnoughts hulls, pls there are beautiful

-ability to set weather settings

-ability to set different tech year (1940 guns, 1916 propulsion, 1890 armor, etc.)

-torps in hull

Mogami-1.thumb.jpg.a891fbf4d77b21bc3a35a3c3ba3c4fb2.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shaftoe said:

The most important suggestion is allowing players to manually design all ship classes they take into combat. 

And save those designs as well, per nation and era. Would give alot more replayability. Plus terrain and moar hulls.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

And save those designs as well, per nation and era. Would give alot more replayability. Plus terrain and moar hulls.

Yep. My thoughts exactly. Although just making all those ships ourselves would be a good start.

• Like 1