Game-Labs Forum

List of suggestions.

o Barão

NOTE: This suggestions take into consideration only small changes to the game mechanics. Small changes and quick to be implemented but that they could, in my opinion, improve a lot the gameplay.

I apologize in advance for my poor english. Is not my native language.

Part I

1) A new difficulty setting “realism”. A few tweaks in the gameplay can improve a lot the difficulty and make the battles more interesting for hardcore players.

1.1 – No gun ranges visible for enemy ships until the moment they are identify.

It always seem odd for me in the beginning to know exactly if an enemy ship have torpedoes or not, and the torpedo range without even identifying the target. This fix that issue.

1.2 – No camera teleport to enemy ships that are not identify.

The game mechanic tries to simulate the confusion it was on those times to identify important targets however the moment the player can teleport the camera to any ship in game this feature is useless. Now with this simple change you can no longer teleport the camera to AI ship without identifying first. The camera will be stuck in an circle with 2500 meters radius around your ship. You can still teleport camera between your own ships.

1.3 – No live intel about the weapon reloads on enemy ships.

This is very important. I don’t want to know if that DD launched the torpedoes in the water or not. The player should fear the possibility of a incoming torpedoe attack and adapt to the situation.

Part II

2 – A temporary solution to the armor on ships. Until a rework came that can improve the armor model on ships i suggest for now to deploy this quick change. Armor belt and deck armor is at the moment in middle 3 columns on any ship. ( All ships have 7 columns placed along the ship lenght ).

Change this to 5 columns in the middle. It seems very odd that my belt/deck armor doens’t cover my main turrets magazine because they are not placed in the 3 columns in the center. This tries to solve this issue. Is not a perfect solution but will work for now.

3 – For a player to know the hit rate detailed stats on the left panel , he needs to select the ship and hover the mouse to the target. This is terrible for two reasons: a) The player can only see the stats of the main guns. b) Sometimes it can be really hard to maintain your mouse hover a target far away and still reading the stats on the panel. To solve this issue i propose a simple solution. Do not hover the mouse above target. Instead just click on your gun column on your right below your ship info. So if i want, for example, to know the detailed stats for my secondaries 6 inch guns i simple click the 6 inch guns column . Will show the target for those guns below the column and will show the detailed stats on the panel in the left.

4 – A change to the citadel upgrade. Instead of having that situation where the last upgrade is always the better one ( in protection not cost ) we could have something similar the rangefinder where some citadel upgrade are better for close combat ( turtleback armor and underwater protected deck) and others are more universal and better against pluging fire ( armored citadel and all or nothing scheme ). This is not intended to be a 100% realistic option, but instead taking into consideration this is a game, is to give more options to the player when designing a ship and not always focusing to get the best option available.

• Like 4