Game-Labs Forum

En Echelon?

Hardlec

When I try to arrange turrets En Echelon,  I always get a Starboard offset 100%.  The design wont launch

Earlier versions placed pairs of secondary turrets.  Now I have to place each turret.  If I'm a few pixels off, I get a weight offset.  More information is needed to avoid these offsets.

There is a button labeled "auto mirror" on the top right of the screen where you can toggle symetrical placing on and off. Did you by chance accidentally deactivate it?

As for echelon turrets, I just tried it with a 1910 German Battlecruiser I and it seems to work (there is some starboard weight offset, but I just made a quick and dirty test to see if I could reproduce your issue rather than placing the turrets carefully).

Maybe it's specific to the particular hull? If you provided more information I'm sure the Devs would have an easier time helping. Like the nation, hull-name and year.

Edited by Norbert Sattler
Removing old pic to make room for new

I experimented a bit more around today.

There's something strange with the weigh offset calculation. If you have the turrets equally far away (forward and backward) from the center of mass, it works. But if you place them at unequal distances from the center of mass, it's not the forward/backward offset that increases, but the side-offset.

When I made the above screenshot I just happened to have them at almost the same distance from the center of mass by chance.

So if you get 100% offset to one side, ironically you need to place the turret in question further front or aft to make it work - or place it's offset twin further front or aft.

I tried to do it too after seeing this and could not get it to work. Lowest I got was 70% starboard weight offset. I tried it in battle and I won barely but it wrecked my acceleration and turning speed

This will definitely have to be looked at. Both in terms of (sigh) player flexibility with unusual armament arrangements, but also for the campaign where centreline armament will presumably be developed and slowly progress. There was a generation or more of warships designed before all-centreline and super-firing main armament, and it's worth getting right. 

In the interim, RTW style templates with pre-arranged placement for cross-firing and a weight cost of reinforced decks will do the job. 

Edited by DougToss