Game-Labs Forum

Hello and well met!

Atago4ever

Hello.

Just recently bought the pre-order and I'd like to share my opinions.

I am a Wows-disappointed player who saw in this game a pretty good way to scratch my 'naval battle' itch ;).

Despite being in Alpha stage, I find UA:D to have a huge potential.

Building your own fleet is a very entertaining experience, and the replayability looks massive.

The only thing I'm not too satisfacted about right now is the lack of control of your fleet during fights (perhaps I could use a tutorial which isn't included yet because Alpha), they always seem to go left and right as soon as they get seriously damage and the formation gets crazy.

Please keep up the good work!

That's the ships group behaviour. If the lead ship is damaged to a certain degree, they leave the leading position and try to move to the back of the line, with the second ship taking over the lead.

If you want you can detach ships from their formation and control them as a single ship.

Edited by Norbert Sattler

Yes, their behavior is what I personally do not like.

A damaged ship who starts to turn away becomes slower due to the fact she is not sailing in a straight line anymore, which means that sometimes she becomes an even easier target and focused enemy fire can coup the grace her in a few salvoes.

If she's a ship designed to have high speed it's even worse b/c she basically gives up the only advantage she has to dodge shots.

It would be much better to have several command choices for groups, like 'keep sailing ahead no matter what' or 'stay at least 8 Km from any enemy detected vessel' or 'start turning away if you get damaged below 50%'.

Controlling all of them as single ships is painfully long and boring right now.

• Like 1

What I find worst about the current behaviour is when the damaged ship turns to one side and the following ship tried to evade to the very same side, resulting in both ships needing to veer far away from their intended course and slowing down very very much, resuling in the ships even further back also needing to slow down and evade and your entire formation becoming a tangled mess of basically sitting ducks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Norbert Sattler said:

What I find worst about the current behaviour is when the damaged ship turns to one side and the following ship tried to evade to the very same side, resulting in both ships needing to veer far away from their intended course and slowing down very very much, resuling in the ships even further back also needing to slow down and evade and your entire formation becoming a tangled mess of basically sitting ducks.

I dont mind if they had messages pop up or display in the damage message thingy saying ship: fufufu misunderstood signals or something so that maybe when ships do something a bit mental it can be explained a little, although what annoys me the most is when you get torpedoes and your ships always turn out and also when you try to get them back on course it takes ages to do so which sometimes leaves them spinning around half the time.

Think we need more formation types, like arrowhead or something (dunno what the actual formation types are) and also a setting to tell the game when to drop a ship out so for example at 25% damage, 50%, 75%, never.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

Think we need more formation types, like arrowhead or something (dunno what the actual formation types are) and also a setting to tell the game when to drop a ship out so for example at 25% damage, 50%, 75%, never.

This

• Like 1