Game-Labs Forum

Boarding muskets bugged

Duc De Brabant

@Ink @Honest

So here is my problem. (I play in PvE.)

I got a boarding Ingermanland with the optimized muskets, and "shooting" tome as knowledge. It makes a total of 0.6 accuracy for muskets. As you can see here, i got 226 muskets (no marines yet).
My tactic is to feign "attack" then the defender set his crew on "defend", where the muskets are very effective.

Mathematically, 226 x 0.6 = 135. So when i do "musket salvo", i should kill 130 crew when he is on defence, or at least more than 100. (to take into account barricades effectiveness). BUT here you see never more than 40 crew killed by musket salvo, that mean a poor accuracy of 10/15% instead of the 60% announced by upgrades and knowledge. Values are nerfed by 4 ? WHY ? I can understand that in PvP server, loosing 100+ crew in a musket salvo can be hard to see, but in PvE ? AI are already good in boarding (as they have more than 5 tomes learned), they got automatically 15/20% of marines, barricades also, so why nerf so much the few players that want to enjoy boarding ? We can all sink many ships but we are few to really board some of them

2020-05-08 (1).png

2020-05-08 (2).png

2020-05-08 (3).png

12 hours ago, Duc De Brabant said:

@Ink @Honest

So here is my problem. (I play in PvE.)

I got a boarding Ingermanland with the optimized muskets, and "shooting" tome as knowledge. It makes a total of 0.6 accuracy for muskets. As you can see here, i got 226 muskets (no marines yet).
My tactic is to feign "attack" then the defender set his crew on "defend", where the muskets are very effective.

Mathematically, 226 x 0.6 = 135. So when i do "musket salvo", i should kill 130 crew when he is on defence, or at least more than 100. (to take into account barricades effectiveness). BUT here you see never more than 40 crew killed by musket salvo, that mean a poor accuracy of 10/15% instead of the 60% announced by upgrades and knowledge. Values are nerfed by 4 ? WHY ? I can understand that in PvP server, loosing 100+ crew in a musket salvo can be hard to see, but in PvE ? AI are already good in boarding (as they have more than 5 tomes learned), they got automatically 15/20% of marines, barricades also, so why nerf so much the few players that want to enjoy boarding ? We can all sink many ships but we are few to really board some of them

Captain, in your example 60% is not an absolute total accuracy of muskets, this is a % value that applies to basic musket accuracy. So if you add 60% to a somewhat low sea musket accuracy of lets say 10% you will get (10%*1.6) 16% overall accuracy