Game-Labs Forum

Unchanging Weather Conditions

Steeltrap

I've noticed the weather in all the Naval Academy Missions appears to be unchanging in terms of its modifiers.

It may LOOK different, but in terms of combat effects it's not.

Was this a change of which I was unaware, introduced through the 1st April thing?

Or has something gone wrong with my specific game installation?

As an aside, there's frequently been a significant mismatch between what shows on screen and what combat effects are listed. It may give a 'cloudy' penalty when the sky is all but clear, yet not apply the same when the sky is solid, dark overcast.

Either way, now it's ALWAYS the same, clear and slight sea waves for a combined effect of +2.5%, the other two factors being 0.

Cheers

36 minutes ago, Steeltrap said:

I've noticed the weather in all the Naval Academy Missions appears to be unchanging in terms of its modifiers.

It may LOOK different, but in terms of combat effects it's not.

Was this a change of which I was unaware, introduced through the 1st April thing?

Or has something gone wrong with my specific game installation?

As an aside, there's frequently been a significant mismatch between what shows on screen and what combat effects are listed. It may give a 'cloudy' penalty when the sky is all but clear, yet not apply the same when the sky is solid, dark overcast.

Either way, now it's ALWAYS the same, clear and slight sea waves for a combined effect of +2.5%, the other two factors being 0.

Cheers

If what you say its true its not a bug.. I think its a temporary feature.. Having stable conditions would allow players and developers to test the parameters in equal environments to balance better. It is obviously temporary.

23 minutes ago, admin said:

If what you say its true its not a bug.. I think its a temporary feature.. Having stable conditions would allow players and developers to test the parameters in equal environments to balance better. It is obviously temporary.

Well obviously it's true with respect to MY game, lol, or I'd not have raised it. 

Jokes aside, I can grab you a screen clip of the weather, but that doesn't really prove anything other than the weather condition for that battle. Ironically, in fact, I CAN'T get a screen clip of any OTHER sort of weather, LOL, so it's rather pointless (which is why I didn't bother).

I did verify the integrity of local files in Steam plus perform a 'repair' re-download through the normal portal, and that didn't change anything. I didn't expect it to, but did it anyway for the sake of thoroughness.

I can understand why it may have been done, and indeed have no problem with it one way or another. We're here to test as the dev team wants us to.

I raised it simply because it was a change for which I could find no mention. That immediately makes me want to know if:

1. is it happening only for me, or everyone, and

2. was it intentional (and not mentioned, perhaps an oversight) or a peculiar and unintended consequence of something else.

In other words, I'm raising it mainly as a "hey, heads up, anyone aware of this?"

Cheers