Game-Labs Forum

"Too many threads" crash and unresponsive behavior

Shaftoe

Hi @Shaftoe

Interestingly enough, I am finding today that the launcher is taking quite some time to open. Double click and then it can take 30 seconds to appear.

1st time it happened I thought I'd not double clicked properly so I did it again.

Got an error message saying there was already a version open.

Yet it wasn't on my screen, and didn't even show in task manager. It appeared on both about 20 seconds later.

I checked to see what if anything may have been causing my machine to run slowly and there was nothing. No windows updates d/l in background (and I have my background d/l throttled to max of 20% system use if occurring during 'awake' hours) nor anything evident through task manager.

Same thing just happened again now, which is why  I came to visit here in case there was anything.

I've also had time-outs while the game is trying to load. This has NEVER happened before now.

Not the same as your problem, I know, but I've seen people commenting on hang-ups and other things with this latest release.

I use MSI Afterburner, not for overclocking but for tracking various things and also for the custom fan profile (using a GeFroce Gtx 1060 6GB).

I have noticed whenever the game is going back to the basic menu following a battle, or backing out of the game entirely, my CPU use spikes to 100%. I've checked my tracking and it shows the CPU use peaked at about 80% during the playing of battles, and the temp at about 72-75C (which I still think are too high, and that's only on 'good' settings).

Multiple reports of several problems of different specifics yet at least some of them never having happened to the individual user reporting them? I doubt that's coincidence.

It would seem something less than ideal has happened in this release.

17 hours ago, Shaftoe said:

The game has crashed during the mission "US Super Battleship". Error message said "Too many threads". However, the game did not close - it just became unresponsive. And even Task Manager struggled to close it. 

Greetings, the problem is not yet reproduced by us to investigate further. Could you please provide more details about the problem - how often do you face the problem or perhaps you are able to reproduce the bug?

sry my english is really bad,

since last patch I get the "Too many threads " crash everytime, After 15-20min in fight. 
I'm not sure but I think I can trigger it by giving the secondaries agressive fire mode over long distance. But it crashes anyway. Cant finish all the new "bigship" missions.

19 minutes ago, NRathsmann said:

sry my english is really bad,

since last patch I get the "Too many threads " crash everytime, After 15-20min in fight. 
I'm not sure but I think I can trigger it by giving the secondaries agressive fire mode over long distance. But it crashes anyway. Cant finish all the new "bigship" missions.

Greetings, thank you for the report. Information has been sent to the dev team

I also experienced this bug several times and twice when activating aggressive fire mode to secondaries (between restarts of the mission both PC and the game were restarted).

Then after picking up boost in the technology option I did not get this bug.

So I restarted mission picking the previous extra funds option and turned on aggressive fire mode to secondaries. No crash. Then when the enemy was discovered and I targeted one of the BBs the game crashed with "Fatal error in GC" titled windows with message "Too many threads". The last image before the crash (when i tried to screenshot the PC crached) showed some of the secondaries (3,4 and 5 inch) reloading. The distance to the targeted BB was 24 km. Time was accelerated.

• 2 weeks later...

I initially reported this behavior in this section. I just experienced it again this morning when I re-visited the German Pride scenario. I can't link it to any specific action yet. It seems random.

To reproduce, just run the naval academy mission German Pride, build a nice German BB, and just sail around guns blazing. I do believe the error is related to time in the game so I'll be putting together a survivability build next go around and watch the clock, guns blazing.

• 2 weeks later...