Game-Labs Forum

Privateer Fleet names

Hello, i start this post for try to find some historical fleets names to use in the Privateers Fleets arround national capitals ports. I find some spanish names that could be fine for use in spanish fleets:

• Armada de Barlovento. His main mission was figthing vs piratering in Caribbean sea.
  • Armada de la Guarda de la Carrera de Indias. A fleet to protect the merchants ships of the Indias convoys.
  • Armada de Galeones de Tierra Firme. Warfleet based in continetal waters.

This 3 names are historical accurate but but obsolete from 1714 when they were deleted, after the reorganization of the Armada carried out by the Bourbons. In any case i guess that the use of Armada de la Guarda (my favorite) or Armada de Barloventoomitting the rest of words of the historical name, it would be a very nice option to name the spanish privateers fleets. Armada de Tierra Firme, could be a good name to but less playable that the first and second one in my opinion.

After 1714, the name Real Armada was the only oficial (I'm not sure about this, maybe someone can illustrate me about that), so Real Armada, coul be a nice name too. Other name that i can find is Escuadra de protección, which is not historical accurate (used in Cuba in the last colonial period at ending of XIX century), but in any case is a so playable name.

I hope your contributions of fleet names for the rest of the factions on the game.

Despe loves you!

Edited by Despe